• Resolved jtocci31

(@jtocci31)

Hi,
    I installed WP Video Lightbox, and have been having issues with the next/previous/close buttons disappearing, so that the only way to close the window is to refresh the page (not a good user experience). Basically, I can click “next” then I try to click it again (to get to a third video on the page, say), both arrows and the “close” button all vanish and there is nothing to do but refresh. Furthermore, if I activate prettyPhoto, TWO lightboxes appear on top of each other: the top lightbox has the identical issues mentioned above, while the second lightbox (beneath) appears to adhere to whatever settings I choose in prettyPhoto. I am fine with the prettyPhoto lightbox, but honestly, the best solution would be for me to eliminate the “previous/next arrows” altogether.

The arrows didn’t appear at all until I installed WP Video Lightbox, but I deactivated the plug-in, and all of my embedded videos (which worked fine before I installed WP Video Lightbox) display the code as on the page! So, instead of an image that pop-out a video, I don’t have an image or a video, but rather a messy line of text that reads something like: [video_lightbox_vimeo5 video_id=115210696 width=640 height=480 anchor= “http://www….]

I don’t mind what solution we pursue, but I would like one of three things to happen:

1) Make the previous/next arrows disappear when there are multiple videos on a page.
    2) Make it so that only one video pops up when prettyPhoto is activated.
    3) *The best solution* Make it so that my website is back to the way it was before I installed this Plug-in. Make it so that when I deactivate the plug-in, my embedded videos work the way they once did, and not as a string of code where a video should be.

Thanks,
    Jeff

https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-video-lightbox/

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Plugin Support mbrsolution

(@mbrsolution)

Hi Jeff, is the plugin currently active? If so can you add ” in your shortcode. For example.

[video_lightbox_vimeo5 video_id=”115210696″ width=”640″ height=”480″ anchor= “http://www….]

To me it sounds like your theme has lightbox capabilities or you have another plugin that has lightbox capabilities as per your comment.

but I deactivated the plug-in, and all of my embedded videos (which worked fine before I installed WP Video Lightbox) display the code as on the page!

Thread Starter jtocci31

(@jtocci31)

Hi,
    My theme did have lightbox capabilities prior to installing this plug-in, but I was looking to solve a lightbox-related issue I was having (though now, I regret doing so). It is active right now because, if I deactivate it, it removes the lightbox capabilities I had prior to the install of WP Video Lightbox.

I’m a bit confused by your first sentence:

Hi Jeff, is the plugin currently active? If so can you add ” in your shortcode. For example.

Are you asking for the extension to my image file? Here is the complete line of code:

<p style=”text-align: center;”>[video_lightbox_vimeo5 video_id=115220611 width=640 height=480 anchor= “http://www.digitalhandmadevideo.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Screen-Shot-2015-01-06-at-2.36.45-PM.png”%5D</p&gt;

All of this works fine, but it’s the glitchy arrows that persist.

Can we resolve everything with instructions on how to remove the “previous/next” arrows from the lightbox? That’s really all I need. (I’m not using prettyPhoto right now.)

Plugin Support mbrsolution

(@mbrsolution)

Hi, what I meant by adding the ” to your code. For example width=”640″. At the present none of your code has opening ” and closing “.

I also asked you if it was active because from your first comment above I was under the impression that you deactivated the plugin, however reading it carefully I realize that you still had the plugin active sorry about that line, if it confused you.

Kind regards

Thread Starter jtocci31

(@jtocci31)

My issue has nothing to do with the size of the video.

This is very frustrating. I’ve waited 3 days for a response, and there is still no advice on how to remove these arrows from your plug-in. Here is the link to an example of what I’m talking about, so there is no confusion:

http://www.digitalhandmadevideo.com/?project=oil-paint

Click the first image. A video pops up. That’s good. If you hover your mouse over the video, a “next” arrow appears. When you click that, it skips to the second video on the page. Still, all good. However, when you click the “previous” arrow (on the left of the lightbox video), the arrows disappear completely. More importantly, the “close” button disappears. This means that, from a user’s perspective, the only way to continue navigating the page is to refresh the page entirely. This is not good. It’s a bad user experience.

I am looking for any advice that will make it so the “close” button doesn’t disappear. I have no issues when there is only one video on a page. It only happens when there are multiple videos. I’m not sure if it is a javascript error with the “previous” arrow or what, and I don’t necessarily care. I just need to make it so that my user’s don’t have to refresh the page when there are multiple videos.

Any workaround that solves this issue is fine.

Plugin Support mbrsolution

(@mbrsolution)

@jtocci31 sorry to hear that is frustrating for you. One of the plugin developers will reply to your question.

Kind regards

Plugin Author wptipsntricks

(@wptipsntricks)

Hi, I’m changing the status to “resolved” since you are using a different plugin.

Thread Starter jtocci31

(@jtocci31)

Well it’s not resolved.

Worst customer service experience I’ve had in a long time. Your plugin permanently changed my js, even when disabled, and you have no solution, or even simple advice.

I suppose I’ll wait another 2 weeks for a response that offers no support. Oh wait, you’re changing the status to “resolved”, nevermind.

You’re lying if you say this is resolved.

(@wptipsntricks)

When I visited your website I couldn’t find video lightbox. So I thought you deleted it and started using a different lightbox plugin (thats what most users do when a plugin does not work out).

Regarding your issue, Video lightbox plugin does not modify JavaScript files from other plugins. Can you please share the file you are referring to so I can investigate it?

I’m having a similar issue with the lightbox. The close button is not appearing in the modal. Here is my site: baronwatts.com/naturawaxspa It’s on the last slide when you click on the play button. Any advice on how to get the close button to show up? Thnx

(@wptipsntricks)

@screwhead28, I just checked the page source. Your theme seems to be also including the prettyPhoto library. I believe it’s taking over the video lightbox CSS.

Yeah, I unchecked the enable pretty photo library in the plugin settings but that just disables the modal and goes straight to the vimeo site. Is there any css that I could write to make the button show? My goal is to have the slider pause when the user clicks the play button and when they click the close button on the modal it resumes the slider. But I have to get the close button to show up on the modal for that to happen.

(@wptipsntricks)

I believe you will need to disable the ones (prettyphoto.js and prettyphoto.css) included by your theme. Otherwise, the plugin won’t have any control over the lightbox effect.

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘2 Pop-Ups for each Video next/previous button problems’ is closed to new replies.