• Resolved emanhu

(@emanhu)

Hi,
    I have the base LifterLMS plugin active on my website, and I just purchased the plugin screets Live Chat and Lifterlms go into crash. I tried de-activate the Live Chat plugin and lifterLMS work again and vice versa. I get the following error.

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function wp_get_current_user() in /home/jby3qq0j57rd/public_html/test.locashost.com/wp-content/plugins/lifterlms/includes/class.llms.user.permissions.php:51 Stack trace: #0 /home/jby3qq0j57rd/public_html/test.locashost.com/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(288): LLMS_User_Permissions->editable_roles(Array) #1 /home/jby3qq0j57rd/public_html/test.locashost.com/wp-includes/plugin.php(206): WP_Hook->apply_filters(Array, Array) #2 /home/jby3qq0j57rd/public_html/test.localhost.com/wp-admin/includes/user.php(273): apply_filters(‘editable_roles’, Array) #3 /home/jby3qq0j57rd/public_html/test.localhost.com/wp-content/plugins/screets-lcx/core/options.php(1589): get_editable_roles() #4 /home/jby3qq0j57rd/public_html/test.localhost.com/wp-content/plugins/screets-lcx/core/options.php(732): __fn_lcx_render_caps() #5 /home/jby3qq0j57rd/public_html/test.localhost.com/wp-includes/class-wp-hook in /home/jby3qq0j57rd/public_html/test.localhost.com/wp-content/plugins/lifterlms/includes/class.llms.user.permissions.php on line 51
    There has been a critical error on your website. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions.

Learn more about debugging in WordPress.

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/jby3qq0j57rd/public_html/test.localhost.com/wp-includes/functions.php:3400) in /home/jby3qq0j57rd/public_html/test.localhost.com/wp-content/plugins/lifterlms/vendor/ericmann/wp-session-manager/includes/class-wp-session.php on line 128

can someone help me?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • @emanhu,

Sorry you’re having issues here. I’ve never encountered this plugin before but it seems like we do have an obvious conflict.

It’s strange because the error is resulting from our use of a WordPress core function (wp_get_current_user()). I can’t conceive of any reason why that WordPress core method wouldn’t be available but strange things happen in WordPress.

Since this is a premium plugin it’s hard for us to test it and try to find a resolution from our side) so we’ll have to see if we can work with the developers of the chat plugin to see if we can figure out if there’s a way we can all play nicely together.

I’m curious if you’ve already opened a support request with them and if you have if you’d let us know what their response was. If they can fix it by their side we can probably leave it alone but if they can’t I’d like to see if we can figure out what we can do.

I’ve emailed their support team to see if we can get a development copy so we can test this out on our side and if we can figure this out I’ll let you know.

However, since you’ve actually given them money if you haven’t already opened a support request with them I’d urge you too. They may be able to get this resolved really quickly but we’ll never know if you don’t ask!

@emanhu,

The developers did provide me with a copy of the plugin and I found a few potential solutions to the issue. I’m currently waiting to here back from them on my proposals.

I’ll let you know when we have a resolution here. And, if you haven’t already, I’d urge you to reach out to them directly for assistance. My current understanding of the problem is that this is something best solved by an update to the Live Chat plugin but LifterLMS *could* add some compatibility code specifically to resolve this conflict. However I think that the issue is actually a minor oversight of how WordPress core functionality works with relation to the Live Chat plugin which means that that plugin could encounter similar conflicts with other plugins.

I’ll let you know as soon as they get back to me.

Best,

@emanhu,

The developers of Screets Live Chat are looking into the potential solution I’ve proposed.

I don’t know whether or not they are going to actually provide a fix for this issue.

I’d greatly appreciate it if you could let me know whether or not you’ve conversed with them directly about this. If you are I’d love to mark this as resolved so I can stop playing middle-man in the conversation.

Thanks,

Thread Starter emanhu

(@emanhu)

Hi yes I have contacted the developer in the same I raise the issue here I will re-contact them again to see what they will and and I will let you know

thanks again

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘2 plugin conflic’ is closed to new replies.