Support » Plugin: Category to Pages WUD » 2 pages with same name and different categories

• Resolved ericabiz

(@ericabiz)

Hi,

I’ve set up multiple page categories using your plugin–thank you!

My issue arises when I need to have 2 pages of the same name in different categories.

For instance: https://new1uprepairs.staging.wpengine.com/austin/iphone-4-repair/
    and https://new1uprepairs.staging.wpengine.com/san-marcos/iphone-4-repair/

Once I have one “iphone-4-repair” page, I can’t make another one without it renaming the page. I can turn off the “use categories in URLs”, but then when I rename the page, since there is an iphone-4-repair page already, it names it iphone-4-repair-2. I can’t get rid of that -2 when I turn “use categories in URLs” back on.

Is there any way I can fix this? I’m not afraid to dig into code or edit MySQL databases if I have to, but this is a big issue for us.

Thank you,
    -Erica

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • It looks like the best way to do this is actually not to use this plugin, but to set up Custom Post Types and have each location be a custom post type. That way I have Austin as a menu item/custom post type and all of our other locations as well.

Resolved

Plugin Author AccountClosed

(@wistudatbe)

Thanks to notice.
    Every website haves his own plugins installed, and sometimes there is no need to use this plugin, because another plugin gives already a solution 😉
    Thanks again to share this!

Regards, Danny

Hi Danny,

I also have the same issue, so is there a way to use your plugin to create pages with the same name (slug) in different categories?

Thanks,
    Chuck

Plugin Author AccountClosed

(@wistudatbe)

Hi Chuck,
    Your question is answered in the new topic which you have created.
    Regards, Danny

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘2 pages with same name and different categories’ is closed to new replies.