Support » Plugin: WooCommerce » 2 New WC + Square Issues

• Resolved azwp

(@azwp)

I have successfully used WC and Square on several sites over the past few years and all plugins have worked just fine. Today I was finalizing a new WC store and encountered 2 issues that I can’t solve. (I didn’t include a site link because you can’t see these issues from the front.)

Note: I did just move this site to a new hosting provider (tip: don’t use GoDaddy to host your WP site), but I also moved another site at the same time and it’s still working perfectly…???

1. I’m getting a persistent error banner: Heads up! There may be a problem with your connection to Square. In order to continue accepting payments, please disconnect and re-connect your site.

I have disconnected and reconnected at least 15 or 20 times and the error never goes away. I have checked all my settings. There are no unchecked plugins that I have on that site but not on the other (the one that’s working). I’ve even managed to put 2 test orders through and they processed correctly (although they did not show up in my Square account). Suggestions on what I should check next?

2. There is no “dashboard” listed under WooCommerce in the WP menu. Instead, it says “home”. When I click on ‘home’, I get this annoying setup wizard popup that I cannot get rid of. No matter how many times I click through it or X it out, it’s back when I return to ‘home’. I’ve looked and I have all the same versions of plugins and WP and php on this site, but WC is behaving differently. I’ve also re-saved my permalinks several times, just in case the hosting move is the issue. No joy. 🙁 Any suggestions?

Thank you.

V

P.S. WC folks, if you’re watching: please do something about your support form that lets us get all the way through typing out our issue and submitting, only to blink away with a note that you no longer offer support for free. It would be nice to know that *before* filling out a support ticket.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Plugin Support Ena P (a11n)

(@drwpcom)

Hi @azwp. Are you still facing this issue? The first thing that came to mind was whether or not your database is updated on both sites. You can check that in WooCommerce > Status to see if the WooCommerce version: and WooCommerce database version: match.

The other thing you can do is enable debug logging in WooCommerce > Settings > Square. Then disconnect and reconnect Square to generate a log in WooCommerce > Status > Logs. This can give additional information of the issue.

WooCommerce > Home is the expectation for the latest versions of WooCommerce. You can learn more here – https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/home-screen/

It’s been a while since you posted this so I hope that you’ve managed to resolve it. If not, please let me know and I’ll be happy to help with further troubleshooting.

• This reply was modified 10 months, 3 weeks ago by Ena P (a11n).
    Plugin Support Ena P (a11n)

(@drwpcom)

Hi @azwp. We haven’t heard from you in a while so I’m going to go ahead and mark this thread as resolved. If you still need help with this issue or have any other questions about the WooCommerce plugin, please start a new thread.

Thread Starter azwp

(@azwp)

Hi, @drwpcom, it took you about 7 weeks to address my issue. During that time, I had a website that could not process any transactions. So…long before that I had already given up on getting the plugin to work and had installed a third party plugin (not created by WC) to process Stripe. That plugin works fine.

In the 9 days since you finally answered my post, I have not had time to re-install the plugin and test it.

I would definitely not call that “resolved”, but if you do, that explains a lot. 🙁

I will try to make time to install and test the plugin next week.

Plugin Support Ena P (a11n)

(@drwpcom)

Hi @azwp. WooCommerce.com staff helps out on the forum along with volunteers from the WooCommerce open source community. There has been a higher volume of requests than usual in the past few months.

A more reliable way to get in touch with WooCommerce.com support for help with Square is by sending us an email. You can do that by logging into your account and going to https://woocommerce.com/my-account/create-a-ticket/. Please double check that you select Square as the name of the product instead of WooCommerce General in Search.

Be sure to include your system report when you contact us. You can find it by going to WooCommerce > Status > Get system report and then click Copy for support to be able to paste it in your reply.

Also, FYI, the Square support forum can be found here.

• This reply was modified 10 months, 2 weeks ago by Ena P (a11n).
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘2 New WC + Square Issues’ is closed to new replies.