• Great theme. I would really like to use it, but I currently have 2 issues with this theme:

1 – when customizing the theme, the drop down for skin selection does not work. I tried with chrome and firefox. I only get the default green skin. Is there a workaround this? (i tried checking and unchecking the randomize box – either way does not display a drop down for selection)

2 – I need to add the following fb widget code below the <body> tag

<div id=”fb-root”></div>
    <script>(function(d, s, id) {
    var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0];
    if (d.getElementById(id)) return;
    js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id;
    js.src = “//connect.facebook.net/en_US/sdk.js#xfbml=1&version=v2.4”;
    fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs);
    }(document, ‘script’, ‘facebook-jssdk’));</script>

where in the theme or child theme do I do this?

thanks

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Thread Starter openskydeals

(@openskydeals)

One more question:

I am getting multiple <H1> tags on the site. I understand this is not a good practice for search rankings. I see that the titles on the carousel are H1 – how can I change this – in a child css or in the main css? If you can offer a code snippet I would be greatful!

Hi,
    Do take a look at this snippet for adding fb widget code.

The theme uses HTML5 and therefore multiple H1s are acceptable. Where is it said that it is not good practice?

Thread Starter openskydeals

(@openskydeals)

Hi, thanks for this!

As far as the H1 tags – I am getting this as a Warning when running SEO analyzer in Bing webmaster tools:

“High Severity Issue

There are multiple <h1> tags on the page.
    Recommended Action:
    Remove redundant <h1> tags from the page source, so that only one <h1> tag exists.”

I also read in a few other places that this is bad practice. Your thought?

Thanks

Well,
    There seems to be an ongoing debate on whether it is advisable to use multiple H1 tags or not. With HTML5, multiple H1 tags are allowed. As to whether it will affect SEO ranking, it may not.

Would some arguments on the web like this and this be convincing?

Are you still having the skin selection dropdown issue?

(@openskydeals)

Thanks for the links. I will read more about it a little later. The skin issue is ongoing. Would appreciate a workaround.

Thanks

Hi,

The skins dropdown is working properly.
    Please see screenshot. http://prntscr.com/8laoyu

There could be a plugin conflict or any of your custom javascript causing conflict in WordPress admin. If you have firebug error console you can take a look at it.

I suggest you disable one plugin at a time to find out any conflicting plugin. Remove any custom Javascript too, just to check for conflict.

Thanks!
    Denzel

Can you give your site’s url?
    Can you also give a snapshot of the problem you are facing? I am not able to see any issue with the skin colour dropdown on my local installation.

Hi,

Here is a snippet
    for your fb-widget need.

(@openskydeals)

Thanks everyone for your responses!

my site is openskydeals.com

I’m linking to a screenprint showing the skin dropdown issue:

screenprint
    I might just rename the default color to the color I want (switch the names, will be a quick workaround for now)

Are you still having this skin dropdown issue? Is it an issue with your browser? Try opening in a different browser, will you?

(@openskydeals)

Hi,

Yea still having the issue. Like I said, I tried with chrome and firefox. Same issue.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘2 issues – skin & code below’ is closed to new replies.