• Resolved lashbrooke

(@lashbrooke)

Hi,

I am wanting to have my right side bar permanently visible. When I select this option it pushes my header across so that the side bar column fills the page, when in actual fact I want it to sit below my header.

You can view what I mean here – http://www.theduckinnpubandkitchen.com.au/

I am also wanting if possible to limit the length of the blog post in the main body, so that I can control the length of the page. Then I want to add in three static images, that are not part of a blog post as various promos. Is this possible?

Thanks so much
    Sharon

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • I can’t view that site, I guess I don’t have permissions to see it. Feel free to upload a screenshot to imager or something. For the other concern, I would have you look at how to paginate posts in WordPress, that sounds like what you are asking about. I’m not sure how you would use the promos so I can’t really help you there. You are free to set a featured image that isn’t part of the post though.

Thread Starter lashbrooke

(@lashbrooke)

Hi Scott,

I have screenshots just cannot see how to upload them – can you give me an email to send these too?

The first issue;
    * The side bar pushes the header across. The header needs to fill the entire width of the page with the side bar underneath. How can I adjust this?

The second issue;
    * Can I limit the length of the blog posts? How?
    * Are you able to insert static images into the main body of the page underneath the limited blog post? I currently have managed to inset them as part of the footer so they are on the page. The problem is however, the diving line of the footer is now above these images and I need to remove this and reposition the line beneath the images. It also means these images are on every page of the site which is not something I am wanting to do. Ideally I would like to have them sit as a second component under a blog post.

Thanks
    Sharon

For the first and third issues, I’m afraid Decode doesn’t really cover these circumstances. For the second, that’s a WordPress admin thing. There may be a plugin that can handle this. I don’t think Decode is meant to handle this type of layout, it’s really a simple blogging theme. You can feel free to email me at: mail at scotthsmith.com.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘2 issues – Header and adding images under a blog post’ is closed to new replies.