Support » Plugin: Timetable and Event Schedule by MotoPress » 2 important issues with plugin

• Hello,

Thank you for this great plugin πŸ™‚
    I have 2 important issues that i am trying to solve and both are related with the widget (upcoming and ongoing events):

1. How can i exclude from the widget output(upcoming events) the ongoing event? Currently the widget outputs all upcoming events but inside this list it is also the ongoing event.I need to exclude this. Could i try something inside widget-view.php?

(I am using developer mode so that i can costumize the output a bit under the path wp-content/themes/theme-child/mp-timetable/widgets/widget-view.php)

2.I am using W3Total Cache for the entire website. The widget is being displayed in the sidebars+homepage (so i can not exclude all the pages from being cached, as an option). It seems that W3TC caches the pages and the dynamic output result of the widget is being cached. I am trying desperately to find a way to exclude the widgets output from being cached.

Conversation from W3TC support side here.

Would it be possible to display the widgets output with a shortcode?Could you give me some help on this please?

Thank you very much for your time.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Plugin Support Dmytro

(@dimned)

Hi @honoluluman,

Thanks for contacting us. Since the ongoing even is the first in the list you may hide it with the following CSS style:

ul li.event:first-of-type {
        display: none;
    }

2. There is no shortcode to add upcoming events widget. We recommend excluding files of the plugin from the caching or refer to W3 Total cache to learn other possible ways to exclude certain parts of your site from the cache.

Thread Starter honoluluman

(@honoluluman)

Hello @dimned ,

Thank you very much for your help.

1.The problem with applying just css is that it will always hide the first output in the list, as a result users will never see the most recent upcoming event. Could it be some way to adjust the codes behavior? As i understand at the moment the loop for the upcoming events is excluding the most recent upcoming event at the time that the event is being finished. Could we just change that to the time that is being started?

2. I managed to exclude the widgets output from W3 Total cache.Thank you for your tips.

Thank you for your time.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.