Support » Fixing WordPress » 2 home pages PULEEZ look at this

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • esmi

(@esmi)

Forum Moderator

Have you tried looking at both Pages and deleting the one that you don’t need?

Hi Esmi,
    Thanks for your response. Here is a screenshot of the admin “pages”

There are not 2 home pages .. this is the dilemma. If two pages were showing, I would certainly have deleted one of them by now. I have had this problem since I built the site over a year ago but have had no luck getting a response on this forum, so I am eternally grateful for your response!

esmi

(@esmi)

Forum Moderator

Then don’t worry about this., You have to bear in mind that not everyone has a static Page for their front page and that the custom menu system has to cope with this scenario. So what the Page List actually does is output an entry for the root domain and then list all of the Pages – which in your case includes your static Home page. Think of it more as a puzzling “feature” rather than a “bug”. 🙂

Really! This has been bugging me for over a year, more so as I thought it would be affecting seo and statistics, as shown in my screen shots, statistically speaking it divides stats between the two pages where in fact there is only one. Are you saying there is no fix for this?

Thanks!

esmi

(@esmi)

Forum Moderator

If you only have 1 Home Page, there’s nothing to fix.

I guess thanks for the explanation and the assurance

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘2 home pages PULEEZ look at this’ is closed to new replies.