Support » Plugin: WooCommerce Advanced Free Shipping » 2 Free Shipping minimums, only 1 is working

• Resolved lizkas929

(@lizkas929)

Hello,

WP: 4.5.3
    Woo:2.6.4
    All other plugins are up to date
    Browser: Chrome, IE, MS Edge
    Host: WP Engine
    Cloudflare in use
    https://houseandgardenflags.com

I have 2 Free Shipping minimums set. One at $60 minimum for a total order of all products (flags, wind spinners, etc.), 1 at $40 minimum for 2 or more specific categories when the order is for those specific categories (flags) only. I can’t seem to get the flag $40 minimum to work. I am sure that I have it set correctly. I can send you a screen capture to see my settings.

Thanks.
    Liz

https://wordpress.org/plugins/woocommerce-advanced-free-shipping/

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Plugin Author Jeroen Sormani

(@sormano)

Hi Liz,

A common mistake here is the use of the ‘category’ condition. It requires all products in the cart to have the given category, as soon as one product doesn’t have it, that condition group will not match.

Also, I’m not sure of your needs here, but note that if you setup the subtotal condition it will always be of the cart subtotal, no matter if you setup other type of conditions (the conditions match separately of one-another, though all of them in one group are required)

Hope that makes sense and I didn’t go too deep-technical.

Let me know your thoughts 🙂
    Jeroen

Yes, I’m aware that all products in the cart must have that category condition. I’m taking that into account. I have even tried to take 1 flag and set the quantity for that one item to meet the minimum for free shipping.

Basically I want to offer a $49 minimum for free shipping on flags and in addition offer $60 minimum if they order anything from the store (flags, spinners, etc). The reason for the difference is the spinners are larger and heavier so they need to order more than 1 spinner to get free shipping.

Here are the settings within the 1 “rule”:
    Country Equal To US +
    Subtotal Ex. Taxes Greater or equal 49 +
    Category Equal To Mini Garden flags +
    Category Equal To Large House Flags

Or

Country Equal to US +
    Subtotal Ex. Taxes Greater or equal 60

Shipping Title: Free Standard Shipping – Best Way

The $60 half of the rule works fine, I can’t get the $49 rule to work.

I even tried to create them as 2 separate “rules,” $49 still didn’t work.

Thanks,
    Liz

Plugin Author Jeroen Sormani

(@sormano)

Hi Liz,

The first condition group (thats how I call them 😉 contains two contradicting ‘category’ conditions (I guess at least ‘mini’ and ‘large’).

That requires all products in the cart to have both those categories, which I don’t think is happening.

Instead you may want to add another condition group with the same country / subtotal conditions and each condition group gets its own category condition.

Hope that makes sense..

Jeroen

Jeroen,

Now I understand! That makes perfect tech-sense!

However, now it only works if EACH category total has a minimum of $40, not if the two categories COMBINED are a minimum of $40. Here are the revised settings:

Country Equal To US +
    Category Equal To Mini Garden flags

Or

Country Equal To US +
    Category Equal To Large House Flags

Or

Country Equal to US +

Shipping Title: Free Standard Shipping – Best Way

Both categories are in a parent category of Flags and Banners, but then it doesn’t seem to recognize the child categories.

Can you give me any more guidance?

Thanks,
    Liz

Jeroen,

I think I got it to work! I changed the setting to as follows:

Country Equal To US +
    Category Less or Equal To Flags & Banners

Or

Country Equal to US +

Setting the Category to Less or Equal seems to make it recognize the child categories of Flags & Banners. Did I do it correctly now? Is that the answer I need?

Thanks,
    Liz

Jeroen,

Looks like Less Or Equal To seems to make it include other categories in addition to the subcategories, so for the above to work properly I also have to specify Categories that it is NOT Equal To.

If you have a Deluxe or Pro version I would gladly pay for it, if it makes any of the above simpler.

Liz

(@sormano)

Hi Liz,

The ‘category’ condition doesn’t have a valid ‘less / greater’ operator matching functionality, so it will always return the previously match value..

There isn’t a pro version that works in a different way then this. I do have a extension script that I believe changes the ‘category’ condition to match the category or any of its child categories when set. I do need to note that I haven’t tested this extension script in a long time and can’t guarantee it works.

The script can be found here: https://gist.github.com/anonymous/861d9491df72e47292ce7b4222a97ec1

Hope that helps!

– Jeroen

Jeroen,

That would be great! I’ll test it and if it works I’ll let you know. Otherwise, listing what is NOT included seems to be working, although it took some time to do as I have many product subcategories.

Thanks! 🙂

Liz

Jeroen,

I’m not using the child-theme for various reasons.

I tried to put your code at the end, after all of the theme code in the functions.php theme file, and it broke the site. Original functions files has been put back.

Please advise where your code should be placed in the functions.php theme file.

Thanks,
    Liz

(@sormano)

Hi Liz,

I wrote a post about adding a code snippet here: https://shopplugins.com/how-to-add-a-code-snippet-to-your-site/

Hopefully that helps 🙂

Cheers,
    Jeroen

Jeroen,

Wow, you just taught me how to create a custom plugin! Unfortunately, although I didn’t break my site, you were correct earlier that the code snippet didn’t work. 🙁

The Exclude Categories method seems to work so I’ll use that instead.

I have a list of things to fix whenever I update plugins or the theme. I will try to create custom plugins and see if I can then omit most of those steps.

Thanks very much for your help and plugin creation lesson! 🙂

Liz

(@sormano)

Hi Liz,

Allright, good to hear 🙂

Have a great day!
    Jeroen Sormani

Hi I need urgent help…..So Ive uplaoded the latest wordpress – wordpress.org/plugins/woocommerce-advanced-free-shipping – Versions 1.0.11 into my backend.

Not sure it’s installed properly but it says it’s activated.

I’m trying to upload it onto a product.

It keeps saying “Sorry, it seems that there are no available shipping methods for your location (Australia). If you require assistance or wish to make alternate arrangements please contact us”. when I trial it in “preview” in the cart window.

I want it to show up as “free shipping” and only allow 2 purchases per order.

It worked at one point but only if you buy 2 so I am not sure why and what I tried to make it so.

Please help!!!
    Camellia

(@sormano)

Hi Camellia,

The shipping rate will only show up when the conditions are matched. If they don’t show up I’d recommend to take a look at the setup conditions.

If you have any questions about that, please show a screenshot of your shipping rates what you’ve setup in a separate thread, this is not the appropriate thread to continue on 😉

Cheers,
    Jeroen

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘2 Free Shipping minimums, only 1 is working’ is closed to new replies.