Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Yes, those are the instructions. Here is another version of the same

Share users between two blogs
    Here are some brief notes on how to share a user table between more than one installation. All installations must be in the same database, using different table name prefixes. The prefix is set in the wp-config.php file.

Share users between two blogs
    Put them both in the same database with different prefixes. Then choose one of them to be the master user table. Then do this in both wp-config.php files:

define(CUSTOM_USER_TABLE,’wp_users’);
    define(CUSTOM_USER_META_TABLE,’wp_usermeta’);

Replace the wp_ with the prefix you want.

In other words, you designate the user table from ONE installation as the master user table which will be used by the other installations instead of their own user table. This PHP code must go in the wp-config.php file in all the installations that you want sharing a single user table. You can have more than two installations set up the same way. Their tables must all be in a single database however.

@stvwlf

Won’t this cause a problem with plugins?

I merged both my users and my usermeta tables from each of my blogs into one and then proceeded to declare the custom table constants but I am getting permission errors whenever I try to attach it to my other blog :(. I wonder if there is some blog specific data in my usermeta table. Any help?

eguru

(@eguru)

I am getting an error ” You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page.” What is the reason for this error? Please advice

Did this and then added this from post post-1500447, works!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘2 Blogs 1 user table’ is closed to new replies.