Support » Plugin: Text Case Converter » 2 big problems

• Resolved wpdanilo

(@wpdanilo)

The plugin “Text Case Converter” is really useful, but using it, I found two big problems:
    – if the page is not selected and the “uppercase” button is pressed, it deletes all the contents of the page
    – after clicking on the page, if you do not select some text, and press the “uppercase” button it changes all content to uppercase

• This topic was modified 6 months, 1 week ago by wpdanilo.
Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Plugin Author JC

(@coder426)

Hi there,

Can you please clarify the both points you mentioned in the support request?

– if the page is not selected and the “uppercase” button is pressed, it deletes all the contents of the page —- How you are using this? can u pls show me via video or screenshot so I can understand better on this and try to resolve it.

– after clicking on the page, if you do not select some text, and press the “uppercase” button it changes all content to uppercase — This is not an issue but a flexibility to use the buttons automatically for all content if you do not want to convert complete page content u can select some and use it.

Thanks

Thread Starter wpdanilo

(@wpdanilo)

Thank you very much for your answer.
    I don’t know how to add video or a printscreen but I wil try to explain better (sorry for my english) I use WordPress 5.8.3.

– First problem: if I open any post using the “classic editor”, and without clicking in the text area of the post, press the Uppercase or Lowercase button (of the plugin) by mistake, all the content of the post disappears, and it is not possible to recover it, the button CTRL + Z is not active. To recover the initial post, I must close the post without updating it, and reopen it.

– Second problem: as above, I open any post via “classic editor”, but now I click in the post text area without selecting anything, if I accidentally press the Uppercase or Lowercase button (of the plugin), all the content changes in Uppercase / Lowercase, but I can’t go back because the CTRL + Z key is not active, (otherwise it would be, as you say, a very usefull function to convert all the content) as above to recover the situation, I have to close the post without updating it, and reopen it.

During normal work, if I forget these two “behavior” I could loose all the content not saved.

Plugin Author JC

(@coder426)

Hi there,

Thanks for the reply.

Can you please confirm following things?

1. WordPress language that you are using i.e. English or something else?
    2. Plugin version for Classic Editor and Text Case converter?

I will test both things on my end and get back to you with some solution if possible. Thinking of adding a confirmation box like do you really want to convert it or not to resolve this for now? or if you have some better solution to avoid this, you can also suggest.

Looking forward to your reply,
    Thanks

Thread Starter wpdanilo

(@wpdanilo)

Hello!
    – WordPress is configurated to use the: Italian language

– The plugin versions are:
    – Text Case Converter: 1.4.2

– Classic Editor is: 1.6.2
    – There are also:
    – Advanced Editor Tools (TinyMCE Advanced): 5.6.0
    – Advanced TinyMCE Configuration: 1.6

Maybe, I don’t know if possible, the change case should be enabled only if the text area is selected or has the “focus” for editing, and only in this case, if nothing has been selected, ask for confirmation to change the case of all the text.

Thank you

Plugin Author JC

(@coder426)

Thanks for sharing that.

Will get back to you after testing on my side.

Plugin Author JC

(@coder426)

Hi there,

I verified the plugin on my side and did not find the first issue you asked for.

But still just for your needs specifically, I added a check which will ask you before you press Uppercase or Lowercase etc.. buttons on the editor.

Would you like to test it on my staging website?

If yes, please contact here:
    https://plugins.hirewebxperts.com/support/

Will have to create an account for you for testing.

Thanks

Thread Starter wpdanilo

(@wpdanilo)

Thanks for taking the time to address these issues.
    If you haven’t found the same problems trying to reproduce them in an environment similar to the one I described to you, maybe they could be due to a conflict with some other plugin installed in my WordPress.

Thanks for introducing the change in the plugin, I will try to verify it on your staging site.

Thank you

Plugin Author JC

(@coder426)

Alright. please contact me there or via my direct Email as described on the plugin page.

For now, marking this Support Ticket complete for now.

Thanks

Thread Starter wpdanilo

(@wpdanilo)

Sorry, I tried to fill out the “technical problems” request on the site: https://plugins.hirewebxperts.com/support/
    to be able to access your staging site, and try the check you introduced on the plugin, but I am asked for a personal phone, which I do not intend to provide.

Thanks for the help anyway
    Greetings

Plugin Author JC

(@coder426)

Instead of filling out the form, you can directly contact via other ways as shown in the website footer i.e. email or skype etc..

Please use them.

Thanks

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘2 big problems’ is closed to new replies.