• 1) When adding new post, how come I have the HTML? In wordpress.com, the VISUAL was minus the HTML

2) I am trying to add photos to my first wordpress.org post, and when adding the third post, this was the error message: Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 42205184) (tried to allocate 8448 bytes) in /home/sharisax/public_html/wp-admin/includes/image.php on line 147

ALSO, how do I know the WordPress version that I downloaded?
    THX
    Shari

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Hi Shari,

1) Sorry, I never create my blog in wordpress.com. But I use WordPress version 2.8.4 installed in my web hosting. The “Visual” and “HTML” tabs are still exist there.

2) Please try to decrease your photo filesize become smaller, or at least 8,000 bytes or less than 8448 bytes. As you can see, the error message said: “… tried to allocate 8448 bytes”.

ALSO, how do I know the WordPress version that I downloaded?

Just open the readme.html file inside the “wordpress” directory after you extract the .zip file. Then you will see its version there.

[signature moderated Please read the Forum Rules]

The “tried to allocate 8448 bytes” means it went over the max by 8448 bytes at that particular spot in the php code, so setting it to 8000 bytes isn’t necessary, though you do need to decrease it.

Uups, sorry for that.
    So, the answer is: try to decrease the file size as much as you can, right?

Yep, exactly. Another option is to ask the host to increase the memory_limit in the php.ini file

Thread Starter sharisax

(@sharisax)

THX, ALL

Three more questions from above:

(1) How do I reduce the file size? I looked at Masino’s site above and couldn’t find answer.
    (2) How do I increase the memory_limit in the php.ini file?

AND

the UNANSWERED QUESTION:
    Why is the HTML still visible in my text writing BOX and the descriptive button/boxes are not as complete as in wordpress.com
    **Read something that said “maybe” I have to install something?

I can answer number 2. The php.ini file is just a flat text file. If you open it with a text editor like notepad there should be a line that says:

“memory_limit=8m”

assuming your memory limit is 8 megabytes. You can increase that value there and then restart your web server and you should be fine. Your host will probably have to do this for you

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘2 beginner challenges’ is closed to new replies.