Support » Plugin: SiteGround Migrator » 2 attempts — 2 failures

• Tried to move a very modest sized WordPress site to my new Siteground account using this plugin.
    It has a nice interface, clear instructions, and is fairly fast. At the end, the plugin ‘claims’ to have successfully moved my site adding a green check mark.
    However, on checking my site large portions of text and many images were missing. I contacted the tech department via chat twice — and both times I got no help at all. On the third attempt I called, and was told to delete the failed site migration and try again.

That sounded reasonable so I did it. However, I got the exact same result: large chunks of text and many images just not there.
    I signed up 2 weeks ago with Siteground (for 3 years), and was very pleased with their new panel replacing Cpanel. Unfortunately, I am going to have to cancel as I have 4 small websites I wanted to migrate and have no confidence in the plugin. I’ve also lost confidence in their tech support as none of the 3 individuals I contacted for help seemed particular concerned that I was having problems with the site migration.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • The topic ‘2 attempts — 2 failures’ is closed to new replies.