Support » Plugin: PublishPress Future: Automatically Unpublish WordPress Posts » 2.4.2 Update caused Year not to behave

• Resolved bellinghamfitz

(@bellinghamfitz)

We have updated to Version: 2.4.2, and since then we cannot expire posts using a set default of “+12 months”. Before, Post Expirator would show the expiration date as 12 months in the future…now, it only shows the CURRENT year.

Our expiration is set to +12 months. Now the default expiration date is today’s date instead of a year from now.

Worked fine until the update…I’ve disabled the plug-in on my site until we can get this resolved. THANKS!

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Plugin Author Steve Burge

(@stevejburge)

@bellinghamfitz thanks for reporting this. Does it work if you roll back to 2.4.1 with a plugin like this?

https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-rollback/

Thread Starter bellinghamfitz

(@bellinghamfitz)

Hi Steve, and thanks for the quick reply!

Rollback to 2.4.1 did not do the trick (hence my forum post!)…but indeed I had not tried rolling further back, and rolling back to 2.4.0 did put things back to expected behavior.

I’ve turned off auto-updates…

Thanks again…is this something that is known or, would you like any troubleshooting help?

Plugin Author Steve Burge

(@stevejburge)

Hi @bellinghamfitz. This looks like a bug has been around a while. 2.4.0 came out last year.

We can see confirm on our side, but any feedback you have on how it’s acting (screenshots in particular), would be helpful.

(@bellinghamfitz)

It’s possible we didn’t update until 2.4.2…setting to “auto-update” plugins is relatively new on our end.

Uh, I will reinstall 2.4.2 and try to reproduce, and generate some screenshots…but it’ll have to be after hours! Check in in a couple days! 🙂

Thanks again!

(@stevejburge)

Awesome thanks @bellinghamfitz

No worries, we won’t be digging into this bug until Monday

(@stevejburge)

Can you test this pre-release version, please?
    https://app.box.com/s/9z2hinz159tk8kt4xt5nsty02aojliwx

It has support for using quotes, but the ideal approach is to enter the default date without them

(@bellinghamfitz)

Ah, yes! I’d be happy to. Will do it late today and report back with result!

THANKS!!!!

(@bellinghamfitz)

THANK YOU KIND SIR! The beta plugin does indeed work properly. Setting the default expiration time to +12 Months behaves as expected and posts are expiring properly.

I very much appreciate your help on this! Problem solved!

G

(@stevejburge)

Great, thanks @bellinghamfitz

We’ll plan to officially release this next week.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘2.4.2 Update caused Year not to behave’ is closed to new replies.