Support » Plugin: Autoptimize » 2.4.0 pushes CPU usage to 100%

  • Hola!

    I am using Autoptimize and I really like it.

    However, latest version pushes CPU usage to 100% on the server, taking the website down with 30 online users.

    I have disabled it by now, and confirmed it was the issue origin.
    Is there a way I can collect logs to help you diagnose?

    Gracias!

    The page I need help with: [log in to see the link]

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Plugin Author Optimizing Matters

    (@optimizingmatters)

    That’s not what we want Mauricio, I’ll be happy to be look into that!

    Some questions:
    * I assume you upgraded from 2.3.4 to 2.4.0 and 2.3.4 did not have this behavior?
    * did you change any options after upgrading?
    * were there any errors in the PHP-errorlog?
    * can you try disabling HTML, JS or CSS optimization to see if the problem is in one of those components specifically?

    frank

    * I assume you upgraded from 2.3.4 to 2.4.0 and 2.3.4 did not have this behavior?

    Exactly

    * did you change any options after upgrading?

    I’m using a mu-plugin to take care of autoptimize config; no setting was changed before or after the update
    `
    $defaults = array(
    ‘autoptimize_version’ => ‘2.1.0’,
    ‘autoptimize_html’ => ‘on’,
    ‘autoptimize_html_keepcomments’ => ‘on’,
    ‘autoptimize_js’ => ‘on’,
    ‘autoptimize_js_exclude’ => ‘s_sid,smowtion_size,sc_project,WAU_,wau_add,comment-form-quicktags,edToolbar,ch_client,seal.js’,
    ‘autoptimize_js_trycatch’ => ”,
    ‘autoptimize_js_justhead’ => ”,
    ‘autoptimize_js_forcehead’ => ”,
    ‘autoptimize_js_include_inline’ => ”,
    ‘autoptimize_css’ => ‘on’,
    ‘autoptimize_css_exclude’ => ‘admin-bar.min.css, dashicons.min.css’,
    ‘autoptimize_css_justhead’ => ”,
    ‘autoptimize_css_datauris’ => ”,
    ‘autoptimize_css_defer’ => ”,
    ‘autoptimize_css_defer_inline’ => ”,
    ‘autoptimize_css_inline’ => ”,
    ‘autoptimize_cdn_url’ => ‘https://cdn.creepypastas.com/’,
    ‘autoptimize_cache_clean’ => ‘0’,
    ‘autoptimize_cache_nogzip’ => ‘on’,
    ‘autoptimize_show_adv’ => ‘0’,
    ‘autoptimize_configured’ => ‘yes’
    );
    `

    * were there any errors in the PHP-errorlog?

    No errors. Only a lot of
    WARNING: [pool www] server reached pm.max_children setting (5), consider raising it

    However, I’m not sure that was caused by autoptimize; I will try to determine if that warning stops after disabling

    * can you try disabling HTML, JS or CSS optimization to see if the problem is in one of those components specifically?

    Sure, I will do that and let you know asap

    Plugin Author Optimizing Matters

    (@optimizingmatters)

    Sure, I will do that and let you know asap

    any news @mautematico? I have one or two other people reporting higher resource usage but have not been able to reproduce myself so I will need help from those who suffer from this issue to troubleshoot and -if needed- fix this in a new minor version.

    Oh, there’s one thing that stands out in your mu-plugin-enforced config;

    
    ‘autoptimize_version’ => ‘2.1.0’,

    would force AO in “I need to update”-mode, triggering code over and over which should not be triggered. this _could_ be the reason of what you’re describing actually …

    Plugin Author Optimizing Matters

    (@optimizingmatters)

    With the help of someone who contacted me and who set up a test site for me to play around with, I identified an issue where AO when mbstring is not available uses iconv instead, which made the pages load slower. for this reason we will by default disable iconv as an alternative to mbstring (falling back on non-multibyte-safe functions). tests proved that this indeed makes the slowness go away.

    it is not inconceivable that this also is the cause of the CPU load increasing, so feel free to download the to-become 2.4.1 to test if this indeed fixes your resource usage as well?

    frank

    Hi,

    I experienced the same issue. The site was extremely slow, mostly on pages, that were not yet cached. By slow I mean 10-20 seconds to load. I tried to open 5-6 uncached pages at once and it maxed out my CPU on my VPS. Unfortunately I didnt catch it early, I was just confused about 50% lower sales on my sites for so many days in a row :-(.

    I tried to upload the beta version from the last message and so far it works without any issues. Will report back if something will go wrong. Thanks for this version!

    My config – CentOS 7, Nginx, PHP 7.2-FPM, MariaDB, W3 Total Cache plugin, Cloudflare (with some caching).

    Plugin Author Optimizing Matters

    (@optimizingmatters)

    closing as 2.4.1 which fixed this has been released.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘2.4.0 pushes CPU usage to 100%’ is closed to new replies.