Support » Plugin: Simple Staff List » 2.1 update issue

• Resolved jvgreene2

(@jvgreene2)

Thanks for the update! This is greatly needed and I’m sure I will use the single staff template in the future.

My issue is I had added more custom fields in the admin/class-simple-staff-list-admin.php file. After the update, my fields were gone as would be expected. I was able to restore a backup of that file, but I was wondering if there were in changes in that file with the new update that I need to worry about? Also is there a way I can future proof my modifications outside of forking the plugin?

Thanks again for the plugin!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Plugin Author Brett Shumaker

(@brettshumaker)

Hey @jvgreene2

There was only one change to that file: See it on github

But, if I were going to add custom fields to the Staff Member post type, I would create my own metabox to add my fields. I would also keep all of that code in its own plugin. I wrote a simple plugin that adds a post nominal field to the Staff Member post type. You could use it as a starting point for your own fields. Keep in mind, though, that it will only add the field – it does not give you a way to display the custom field inside of the staff loop template.

I’m also working on plans to make adding custom fields much easier in the future.

Hope this helps!

Big help, thanks!

I’m using custom taxonomy and archive pages, along with a custom post template for displaying most of my data. All that stuff is in my theme, so I should be good.

I know the in-page templates will be useful, I haven’t implemented them much yet.

Looking forward to future updates!

Plugin Author Brett Shumaker

(@brettshumaker)

No problem! Glad I could help!

@brettshumaker is there any way to order by name?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘2.1 update issue’ is closed to new replies.