Support » Plugin: VaultPress » 2.1.3 update not coming back from maintenance mode

• I’ve just updated two of my sites (running on Cloudways/Linode, PHP 7.4.7, WP 5.4.2) to Vaultpress 2.1.3, and in both cases the upgrade hung on the ‘updating’ screen and the site was stuck in maintenance mode.

I deleted the .maintenance file in the site root and all was well again, with the plugins page reporting that I’m now running v2.1.3

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Plugin Author George Stephanis

(@georgestephanis)

Thanks for the report — we’ve temporarily disabled the 2.1.3 upgrade until we can sort out what’s causing this. The problem doesn’t /seem/ to be with the upgrade itself, but more info to follow shortly.

Can you confirm how you triggered the update? Was it via wp-admin’s updates page?

Thread Starter mpclark

(@mpclark)

Yes, I requested the update from the updates page in the backend.

I’ve a couple more yet-to-be-updated sites hosted on the same environment. You’re welcome to take a look in if it would help…

(btw, is that REALLY your website linked from your profile? šŸ˜‰ )

• This reply was modified 9 months, 1 week ago by mpclark.
    Plugin Author George Stephanis

(@georgestephanis)

Thanks so much — I’m also tracking this issue here on GitHub:

https://github.com/Automattic/vaultpress/issues/104

And — sadly no, I lost the renewal on that domain some time last year and it got poached. I’ve not had the time to attempt to track down the folks who snagged it yet or update every instance of it in profiles. You can currently find me at georgestephanis.wordpress.com

Plugin Author George Stephanis

(@georgestephanis)

And yes — if you have a low-traffic site that I can investigate and attempt to add some debug code in to pre-upgrade, it would be very much appreciated.

Honestly, what I’d likely try is just to add something to the top of wp-content/plugins/vaultpress/vendor/autoload_packages.php that will just do something to the extent of

file_put_contents( ABSPATH . '/wp-content/uploads/tmp.txt', wp_debug_backtrace_summary() . "\r\n", FILE_APPEND );

(I’ve not explicitly tested that, but I believe it should do the issue — basically I’d like to confirm how the plugin file is getting loaded the second time)

Thread Starter mpclark

(@mpclark)

No problem — I’ve sent email to your automattic.com addy.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘2.1.3 update not coming back from maintenance mode’ is closed to new replies.