• Resolved oferlaor

(@oferlaor)

Since updating to 2.1.3 our home page has really slowed down. I can’t figure out what’s wrong there.

it’s specifically for logged in users.

The page I need help with: [log in to see the link]

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • are you logged in while viewing the site on the same browser? if so try logging out

because right now your site if loading fast for me

Thread Starter oferlaor

(@oferlaor)

I forgot to mention, for logged in users it works slow.

i know that it does not cache pages for logged in users, but I made no other changes to the site.

there you go, that is the “problem”. W3TC is not providing cached pages as per your settings, this should be as intended.

If you are using chrome or Firefox, just use the incognito window to preview your site changes while logged in on the usual non incognito browser or vice versa

Plugin Contributor Marko Vasiljevic

(@vmarko)

Hello @oferlaor

Thank you for reaching out.
    As @damienov suggested your website score is amazing. As you are referring to a backend and the cache is not enabled for logged-in users, this may be some temporary hiccup on your server.
    Is this just your personal experience on the backend? How do you compare before and after updates?
    Thanks!

Thread Starter oferlaor

(@oferlaor)

few findings:
    1. Turns out that the server’s DNS was incorrectly set, which caused all outgoing requests to time out and fail. This allowed me to find a few spots where APIs were directly being accessed by the theme and add them to their own cache.

2. I am using memcached for page, minification, database and object caches.

I read somewhere that I should completely remove database and object caches, as they could cause issues. What do you think?

(@vmarko)

Hello @oferlaor

Thank you for the information.
    Yes, you may want to do this. This is mostly related when caching to disk and it should be no problem with Memcached.
    Are you caching queries for logged-in users in DB cache and have you Enabled caching for wp-admin requests in Object Cache?
    Thanks!

Thread Starter oferlaor

(@oferlaor)

I have an MySQL cache set up, so I’m not sure DB query cache with memcached will do anything.

I’ll turn object caching back on.

(@vmarko)

Hello @oferlaor

Thank you for the infomration.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘2.1.3 – home page slowed down’ is closed to new replies.