• Resolved Will Presley

(@willpresleyev)

There was an update to 2.0.8, and there is a fatal PHP error (using PHP 7.3).

PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'WooCommerce\\Square\\Handlers\\Products' not found in /var/www/XXXXX/public_html/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-square/includes/Plugin.php:215

I honestly just can’t believe the lack of testing and the huge amount of deal-breaking bugs that this plugin seems to have. It’s like every update is rolled out without a single test, which is crazy for something that helps drive the financial part of an ecommerce site.

I can’t wait to get every single one of my sites and clients off of Square, the last year or so relying on them has been absolutely horrible.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • I suffered this too and the plugin is currently disabled until there is a fix.

Only PayPal benefits from this.

Plugin Support Grigorij S. a11n

(@grigaswp)

Hi there,

I’m sorry to hear about the troubles with version 2.0.8 of Square for WooCommerce plugin!

Indeed, I had the same fatal error on my test site as well this morning and the site crashed completely.

It appears that there was a missing file that was not committed ( the file was moved to a new location and not added to SVN), which is an issue with the release process itself, rather than lack of testing.

This lasted for 10 minutes and the .zip file in the WordPress.org repository was then replaced with the .zip archive which contains all the necessary files.

On my test site, I’ve deleted the Square for WooCommerce plugin via FTP and installed it again recently, and I don’t see this error anymore.

It is safe to update to Square version 2.0.8 now.

I hope this helps!

I continue to have fatal errors. I tried removing the plugin, deleting it and installing again but 2.0.8 continues to cause trouble.

(@grigaswp)

Hi there,

I continue to have fatal errors. I tried removing the plugin, deleting it and installing again but 2.0.8 continues to cause trouble.

Can you please specify if you’re installing the latest 2.0.8 version from WordPress.org repository, or from a previously downloaded .zip file?

Please delete the Square for WooCommerce plugin from your site and download the .zip file again either from WordPress.org or WooCommerce.com.

This particular error should go away since there are no missing files in the latest .zip archive.

I hope this helps!

Deleting and reinstalling got it up and running here

I deleted and downloaded new zip files for reinstall twice. No joy. Perhaps my error is different –

An error of type E_RECOVERABLE_ERROR was caused in line 700 of the file public_html/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-square/includes/Handlers/Products.php. Error message: Argument 1 passed to WooCommerce\Square\Handlers\Products::format_product_error() must be an instance of WooCommerce\Square\Handlers\string, string given, called in public_html/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-square/includes/Handlers/Products.php on line 680 and defined

The site seemed to behave but I could not edit or add products.

(@grigaswp)

Hi @robmcallister713,

The error is indeed different from one discussed in this thread so please open a new thread.

Please also include your System Status Report (it can be found in WooCommerce >> Status) and any relevant error logs you’ll be able to find WooCommerce >> Status >> Logs.

Please select the log from the dropdown timestamped around the time you saw this error, and click view. The log might be marked either as a fatal error log or as Square error log.

I’ve researched this error a bit and I wasn’t able to find anything similar, so a full plugin/theme conflict test would also be great:

https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/how-to-test-for-conflicts/

Since the error reported originally can be fixed by re-installing Square for WooCommerce plugin and it only affected users who updated Square for WooCommerce to version 2.0.8 within the 10-minute window after the release – I’ll be marking this ticket as solved.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘2.0.8 – Fatal PHP Error — Is there ANY Q&A for this plugin!?’ is closed to new replies.