• Resolved maria_wp

(@maria_wp)

I have upgraded my WP site to 5.3. After upgrading I received 403 cannot save fonts. I have now updated your plugin to 2.0.3 and the Error message is gone. But now somehow the fonts are not any longer displayed. They ARE displayed in the same browser in the same instance. But neither in an incognito tab nor on a mobile.

I see them in my network protocoll to be downloaded but not being used. I have the web site currently in Maintance Mode. If there is anything which would help for further analysis plz let me know.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Plugin Author Daan from Daan.dev

(@daanvandenbergh)

@maria_wp,

Could you share the URL of the site you’re talking about it? It’s hard to debug an issue without being able to see it. 🙂

Thread Starter maria_wp

(@maria_wp)

Plugin Author Daan from Daan.dev

(@daanvandenbergh)

Hi @maria_wp,

I don’t see the fonts being loaded. And that’s because the fonts.css file isn’t loaded either.

Try temporarily disabling the minifier. Re-generate the stylesheet. Flush the minifiers cache. Enable the minifier plugin and try again.

Also, make sure the theme you’re using is loading wp_head().

Thread Starter maria_wp

(@maria_wp)

Hi @daanvandenbergh,

I tried to follow your advice but the result remains the same. I’ve disabled the cache and review the loaded files. font.css is loaded (now) but the result remains the same.

Don’t know how to check if wp_head()? is loaded. Since it is in the main themes header.php I guess this is loaded properly.

Matter of fact remains that after upgrading to WP5.3 the problems begun. It worked before perfectly. If you really like I could give you access to the site. But I don’t know how to share credentials. (What kind of role is required?)

thx

(@daanvandenbergh)

Exchanging site credentials is not allowed on this forum.

Have you edited the fonts.css file yourself afterwards?

Because OMGF would generate the font-family line like this:
    font-family: 'Poppins';

While on your site it looks like this:
    font-family: poppins;

Can’t say if this could be a source of the issue, but it’s definitely not advisable to manually edit the generated stylesheet.

Anyway, the only other reason I can think of is that another stylesheet is loaded later, which is overriding the styles provided by OMGF.

Moderator Steven Stern (sterndata)

(@sterndata)

Volunteer Forum Moderator

@maria_wp Please don’t offer to send or post logon credentials on these forums:

https://wordpress.org/support/guidelines#the-bad-stuff

Thread Starter maria_wp

(@maria_wp)

Oh, I see about the credentials… Sorry, wasn’t intended to offend anybody.

About the font.css file I am still heavily confused. When I open the link of the file itself I guess it has the proper content. When I look into the file via debugger in FF than I see what you are mentioning. I have no clue how this could happen.

I have tried as well downgrading to 5.2.4. but the problem remains :-/ Any other ideas?

Thread Starter maria_wp

(@maria_wp)

I think the main problem I have right now is that I’m using Cloudflare and this makes some problems with the font.css file :-/ This seems to modify the content :-/

(@daanvandenbergh)

Aha! Then it must be that you have CSS/JS minification enabled on CloudFlare. You should either disable that, or disable the minification plugin in WordPress. I suggest disable it on CloudFlare, since it is very aggressive.

Thread Starter maria_wp

(@maria_wp)

Yeah, did it – but NOW I run into the next problem. That the font file size is 1Byte. Reviewing the file folder – all the files in the file folder – same size.

I removed the folder, deactived the plugin, activated, reload the fonts – result remains the same. File size is still 1Byte. :-/

(@daanvandenbergh)

Hi,

That was indeed a bug, which is resolved in the last version.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘2.0.3. ==> Fonts not any longer displayed’ is closed to new replies.