Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The same thing happened to me. How do you delete the folder?

Thread Starter MechaWear

(@mechawear)

Correction: “requires php 5.3”.

I deleted the folder by accessing my WP installation via FTP, then the site was live again and I was able to login to the Dashboard.

I updated php to 5.3 (via c panel on Hostgator) and then tried to reinstall Portfolio Slideshow 1.9.9, but got an install failed “unexpected “[” on line…” error.

I dl’d the earlier version of PS and it’s working fine again.

Haven’t retried the 1.9.9 install again.

Not a fan of having outdated plugins on my site.

Hoping the author will weigh in.

you have to ftp into your webhosting to delete the folder (renaming it will do the same thing)

Plugin Author ggwicz

(@ggwicz)

Hey folks,

I’m really sorry for all of the trouble caused by recent versions of Portfolio Slideshow.

I’ve just released version 1.11.1 about an hour ago – it’s the most stable version yet, and I’ve tested it thoroughly. It works well for me and resolves a number of issues that have come up on these support forums in recent weeks and months.

Try it out if you’re still using (or are still interesting in using) Portfolio Slideshow – and let me know know if it helps!

Sincerely,
    Gerge

Thread Starter MechaWear

(@mechawear)

Hey Gerge.

Thanks for all your efforts to make this awesome plugin as good as it can be.

Unfortunately, 1.11.1 still doesn’t function on my site.

It doesn’t crash everything, as 1.9.9 did, but neither thumbs nor images show at all with 1.11.1 running.

When I saw your post I decided to give it a try so I first downloaded 1.5.1, (Here: https://wordpress.org/plugins/portfolio-slideshow/developers/ ) the version that’s been stable for me.

Then I installed 1.11.1. I had to delete it immediately via FTP and reinstall 1.5.1.

It’s a bummer because your plugin is exactly what I need…

Maybe you can take a look at my site and tell me if there’s anything obvious that would kill 1.11.1? https://perfectwoodgrain.com

Thanks again for all the hard work.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘1.9.9 hosed my site’ is closed to new replies.