Support » Fixing WordPress » 189 Second Page Loads on Firewalled Intranet

• I have searched quite a bit related to this problem. I apologize if I’ve missed the solution.

Here is my situation:

I have an installation of WP 2.7.1 on a machine on an intranet that is firewalled, so it cannot connect to the internet. That’s fine. We just want to use it internally.

The problem is that it consistently takes 189 seconds (exactly that much; it is repeatable) to load every page. Normal pages and in the administration interface. I haven’t installed any plugins or themes. This is a completely default installation.

My guess is that WP is trying to phone home somewhere for something, and the page won’t load until that attempt timesout. I would like to disable this functionality so that the blog is responsive.

There is another WP installation (version 2.3.2 this time) on the same machine. It is perfectly responsive. There is no delay.

I would really appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Thread Starter mathyou

(@mathyou)

It isn’t running locally. It is hosted on a server (not my computer) within the intranet. And I am confident the installation was done correctly. Everything works except for the very odd delay loading pages.

Very interesting predicament. Here is how I would troubleshoot:

1. Have you tried browsing to the website from the server itself?
    2. Have you tried browsing to the website by IP address from an alternate machine?
    3. Ping the website by domain name from another machine and note the reply times.
    4. Do an nslookup website.address. It should come back in seconds and show each machine that it passed through to get to the site.

This is most likely an issue with the web server, not DNS, and probably not the host server OS (meaning, not Windows Server 2003, but IIS – not Red Hat Linux, but Apache). What OS and web server is it running on?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘189 Second Page Loads on Firewalled Intranet’ is closed to new replies.