• Resolved brozra

(@brozra)

Updated plugin to 18.6 release and some products didn’t show any fields and showed this error message:

Some of your fields has duplicated datanames, please fix it

I’ve been using this plugin for quite some time and have even helped you out with issues. I know that all of my data names are unique.

It seemed to only affect meta groups that had hidden fields. Just FYI.

Software in use:
    WordPress 5.2.4
    WooCommerce 3.7.1
    PPOM 18.6
    PPOM Pro 18.6
    PPOM Image DropDown 2.2

Viewing 13 replies - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Hi @brozra,

Thanks for the suggestion, yes I am thinking in similar way to make this assignment more smooth and clear.

Hi @brozra,

I have fixed issue related: Some of your fields has duplicated datanames, please fix it

And now if code updated to check if the same meta found in category/individual just ignore this and apply it once.

Thread Starter brozra

(@brozra)

I’m not 100% sure that will solve my issue. I have meta groups that use mostly the same data names and vary only slightly from other meta groups. If this new code is checking for “exact” duplicates of data names then what will be the tipping point when determining when not to skip the check for categorical assignments?

@brozra, the rule of thumb in PPOM fields rendering is that the ‘Datanames must be unique on single product page’. No matter these are assigned with categories or individuals.

When I updated, it gave me this error on the product pages. No datanames were duplicated on the individual product page. It seems that when you updated the plugin to allow creation of a field to appear on ‘ALL’ products, the error occurred. I created the common fields myself, by category, because there was no other way. But it does not violate your rule, and still I got the error. Once I rolled back to my backup, with the earlier version of PPOM, it works.

@macmwebdesign you downloaded latest from WordPress? or via a link shared a week ago here?

Hi @brozra,

this is what are you saying about overrides options?

Sorry, here is link: https://we.tl/t-y29EvJgbam

Thread Starter brozra

(@brozra)

I took a quick differential look at classes/ppom.class.php and inc/arrays.php and that’s pretty much what I had in mind. I haven’t “tested” this yet but it looks promising.

Yup.

Thread Starter brozra

(@brozra)

I’ve updated to PPOM 19.0 and PPOM Pro 18.9 and we’re almost back to where 18.5 was. There still needs to be a check for a categorical assignment if the “Meta Group Overrides” is set to “Individual Overrides Category Assignment”.

I changed the case for “individual_override” in ppom.class.php to the following and it now works just like I expected it to:

case 'individual_override':
         // Check for a categorical assignment in the event an individual assignment does not exist for this product in the wp_options table
         if ($ppom_product_id === null) {
              $ppom_product_id = array($ppom_in_category);
         break;

And one more thing, PPOM Pro has the wrong version number for the PPOM_PRO_VERSION definition in ppom_pro.php line 36.

define('PPOM_PRO_VERSION', 18.4 );

Not sure that has any impact on the functionality of the plugin, but it just seems out of place.

Hi @brozra.

both issues have been resolved and will be released in next version.

Hello, today I have the same issue…

https://oldlakeman3athlon.hu/termek/kozeptav-egyeni-nevezes/

Viewing 13 replies - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • The topic ‘18.6 doesn’t show fields in some cases’ is closed to new replies.