• just upgraded from 1.2 to 1.5
    I followed all intructions exactly for migrating the existing 1.2 templates to themes of 1.5.
    If I try to use the default theme, then the blog works perfectly, but using my old theme, when i try to access the individual post page (comments.php) i get this error at the top

WordPress database error: [You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ‘ORDER BY post_date ASC LIMIT 1’ at line 1]
    SELECT ID,post_title FROM wp_posts WHERE post_date > ” AND post_date < ‘2005-05-19 00:39:21’ AND post_status = ‘publish’ AND ID != ORDER BY post_date ASC LIMIT 1

everything worls perfectly when i switch back to the default theme. plz help

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Thread Starter Anat

(@anat)

okie this error was resolved when i removed this line from index.php

<?php next_post('% |:',' ','yes','no','1') ?> <?php previous_post(':| %','','yes','no','1') ?></P>

its the link to the previous and next posts. but however the comments form and existing comments to posts refuse to show up

You probably need to add the comments template tag to your file.

Updating my themes to 1.5.x from 1.2 was troublesome too.

i got so bummed out i stopped developing or coding for a few months. felt stupid and incompetent (and while i feel better now, it remains to be seen actually.)

Here’s what i suggest:

0. be sure you ran the update.php

1. go back to your backups, and start over.

2. use Podz’ method

3. doesn’t look like you are/were using Kubrick, but if you are/were, pay special attention to the notes about that theme.

4. once you have all that sorted out, replace the comments.php with the one in the default/classic theme (whichever applies.)

5. check your permissions.

6. reset your permalinks.

and that oughtta do it.

Thread Starter Anat

(@anat)

thanks oriecat and dss….. did everything but still didnt help. was just looking at the wordpress changlelog and found that the the bug has been fixed. will again try to upgrade now…

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘1.5 upgrade, old theme not working’ is closed to new replies.