WordPress.org

Support

Support » Miscellaneous » 1.5 release date and 1.5 themes?

1.5 release date and 1.5 themes?

• Hi everyone,

After looking at several Weblog apps I decided WordPress is the one for me.

I installed the latest release and have been very impressed. However, I am reading so many good things about the forthcoming 1.5 that it seems sensible to hold off until it is officially released.

The question is; when will 1.5 be officially released?

My other question is on themes for 1.5. I am technical but no designer. Where can I find downloadable themes for 1.5, and are there places where I can get a 1.5 theme designed to match my site?

Thanks very much indeed!

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The release date is unknown, and WordPress generally does not have pre-announced release dates.
    The best way to find themes is to search on google, and the support forums. look in codex.wordpress.org as well.

i’m looking forward to 1.5 too! installed a nightly-build just for fun. what a great interface! great job y’all are doing there! bravo

Hi,

Thanks very much, and I would like to add that this is a great app.

But do we have any sort of idea for the 1.5 release? I mean is it this month, next month, six months?

It seems to be in “gamma” release, so it surely can’t be long now?

Thanks very much once again.

Moderator James Huff

@macmanx

v1.5 will be released on the upcoming birthday of a great Jazz legend.
    http://blog.nuclearmoose.ca/archives/2005/01/27/the-inside-scoop/

Themes for v1.5 only:
    http://codex.wordpress.org/Using_Themes

There’s also said to be a $1000 bounty if it’s released on or before Valentine’s day, but I don’t know if that was just rumour or not.

Moderator James Huff

@macmanx

Yes, and what a cheap PR move on wordpress.com’s part. Why would I want $1000 dollars for rushing development and releasing a product which my users are ultimately not pleased with? Call me crazy, call me stupid even, but seeing my community enjoy a quality, finished product would be worth more to me than $1000.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘1.5 release date and 1.5 themes?’ is closed to new replies.