Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Are you sure that your .htaccess makes these URLs available?

Did you copy the new .htaccess rules?
    The real URI to that post http://test.viper007bond.com/newgear/wordpress/index.php?year=2004&monthnum=12&day=30&name=the-forums-are-back works, so it looks as if rewrite isn’t working correctly.

Thread Starter Alex Mills

(@viper007bond)

(@viper007bond)

“Did you copy the new .htaccess rules?”

I have the .htaccess file writable, so it’s generating it itself.

I’m running Apache v1.3.33 (Unix) and here’s my phpinfo() if it helps: http://www.viper007bond.com/phpinfo.php

You might want to try generating it on your own….maybe it’s not getting created correctly.

(@viper007bond)

Oi, that would scare me.

[Moderated: permalink rewrite rules deleted]

I’ve got more, and different, lines than you do, yet I believe we started from the same naming value scheme. I think you might want to try deleting or renaming your current .htaccess and regenerating it from scratch.

(you did run /wp-admin/upgrade.php, didn’t you? If you haven’t, you should.)

(@viper007bond)

Yes, I ran upgrade. It won’t display posts if I don’t. I’ll run it again just in case I forgot though. 🙂

And I’ll try remaking the .htaccess.

(@viper007bond)

I think you might want to try deleting or renaming your current .htaccess and regenerating it from scratch.

– pericat

Didn’t work. Oh well. I didn’t really need specific posts anyway as I’m just doing it for news. I mean I’d like for it to work, but it’s not a big deal. 🙂

Well, that’s fine for you but I have the same problem and it is critical for me. I have added a separate hack that will display a single post as the front page so the front page will work but clicking on any link will not.

The story is is that this site, http://www.commgospel.com is not a blog but I’m using WP to run it as a CMS. My permalink structure is /%category%/%postname%/

I’m not even having luck trying to pass the post name in outside of mod_Rewrite….

Any clues

abrazell, unless this is part of your hack, I think your problem may be that the trailing slash is missing from the permalinks defined by your htaccess.

Actually it must have been part of my hack. I had put something in there so that a single post would always show on the front page but then it seems, permalinks stopped functioning .Then I had the idea of a sticky post + limit 1 post per page so the specified post would always be on the front page in general. Once I did that, my permalinks worked properly.

But the trailing slash, although an optimized way of writing a permalink, would not break the system. Just add a little overhead to Apache.

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘[1.5] Permalinks problem’ is closed to new replies.