WordPress.org

Support

Support » Installation » 1.5 installed but

1.5 installed but

• is using a shared DB, How do I create it’s own db though MySQL so it is in the correct folder, I do not want to install wordpress though cpanel because I have 1.5 already in a unique folder. This stuff is blowing my mind but will probably find it simple soon. Thanks in advance!

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Doesn’t cpanel allow you to create a new database?

http://www.tamba2.org.uk/wordpress/cpanel/ (look at the “Make Database” section)

Your database has to be in the format of user_database.

So if you wanted to create the database “wordpress” as the user “bob” it would be “bob_wordpress”.

When you tell the script to use the database, make sure you include “bob_wordpress” and not just “wordpress”.

Also, your user has to have permissions to create new databases too. This is a MySQL configuration thing and has to be done by the “root” (sysop) user.

Thanks, I did get it installed yesterday in it’s own DB. I am somewhat confused if it is actually using the db that I created though. Does WordPress install it’s own db when you point your browser to the install file or does it have to already have the db defined?

It is just a toy for now til I figure it out but I got the navbar in place on the comments page!

I am having troubles with the sidebar lining up though, I tweaked it though css using position: absolute;top:260px;</> but it should go up there on its own.

http://cafe789.com/journal/?p=1#comments I know the calendar and links are out of whack.

use the web developer extension to edit the css with this[position: absolute;top:260px;] and you will see it pop into place.

WordPress can’t create a database – it creates its tables in the database specified in the wp-config.php file. If a shared database is being used, you can set a different table prefix in wp-config.php – have a look in the file and you’ll see where.

This can be useful if your host restricts the number of databases you can have (or charges per db) – you can have multiple WordPress installations sharing the same database without interfering with each other.

Any ideas on the side bar sitting below the content on the comments page?

You are more likely to get your questions answered if you restrict a thread to a single question, rather than adding questions on as you go.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘1.5 installed but’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar