I updated several sites to 1.4.1 today. None of them are working. I can login as the admin, but normal users get nothing. Disabling the plugin doesn’t help. Using “test cache” from the admin side reports errors.
With version 1.4.1, can you enable debugging via the Settings->WP Super Cache and include a copy of the debugging file here? Did you see this with 1.4.0 as well? (trying to determine what change may have impacted you)
I’ve tried all of my sites with 1.4.1 and none of them had an issue, so thanks for reporting it and working to help determine what happened.
sorry… I had clients on the phone about their sites being down, so I reverted. I thought it might have been connected to Thesis 1.85, but that wasn’t common to all of the sites. I’ll try a site overnight and see if I can get it to fail again.
Completely understand. Reverting them until figuring it out is a safe course of action. If you have a test site or a relatively minor one that we can use to figure out the problem, that would be great.
I’ll setup a couple new test sites on different servers too tonight to see if I can duplicate.
Did you upgrade straight from 1.3.2 to 1.4.1 or were you at 1.4.0 in the meantime?
Broke my site too – none of my custom permalinks would work. Reverted to 1.3.2 also.
Same problem after upgrading. I fixed it when I disable 304 header. Hope this help
I can confirm – only disabling 304 header fixed things again on 1.4.1.
Try the development version please. I added some code that might fix this problem you’re having with 304 support.
Same problem. Going to 1.4.1 from 1.4.0, I can see pages from backend but frontend is not visible to anyone. Going back to 1.4.0 fixes the problem. I don’t know enough about disabling 304 header to know if it fixes the problem (I’m not a developer). This site is under construction, not in use yet. Here’s a link to the Greek-to-me debug log, which I’d like to remove from this post after you’ve seen it. I did go back to 1.4.0 on the site. (I’ll let someone else try the development version.)
You can remove that log now, try the development version I mentioned in the previous post above!
kkpp – I can’t see anything unusual in the debug log. Is there anything in the PHP error log?
I replaced the server files with the development files and it works now (thank you!). I’m embarrassed to say I don’t know if I have a php error log and if so, where it is (again, I’m not a developer!), so I tried to follow some directions to set up one for the wp-config.php to write to, but I don’t think it’s working. So I don’t know if there were php errors or not. But again, your development files do work for this site.
Ok, I turned the debug on (that was easier than making an error log!) and get this debug message on my home page: “Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/95/7493995/html/(I removed this site-related word)/wp-includes/plugin.php:853) in /home/content/95/7493995/html/(I removed this site-related word)/wp-content/plugins/wp-super-cache/wp-cache-phase2.php on line 60” But again, this is with the development files, and the site works fine. Let me know if you want me to switch to non-development version 1.4.1 and look at the error messages.(I might not have time to do it until tomorrow.)
I was have the same issue. I was able to login to the dashboard and view the site when logged in. However when not logged in all I got was the white screen. Given that when logged in I didn’t have a problem but when not logged in I thought maybe the issue was tied to old cached files. When logged in I don’t get served cached files. Once I deleted all the cache the white screen disappeared and it started to serve new cached pages when not logged in.
so try clearing your old cache and see if it fixes your problem.
- The topic ‘1.4.1 update broke sites’ is closed to new replies.