• Resolved strat435

(@strat435)

Hello

I’m using “Tiled Galleries Carousel Without Jetpack” plugin that provides the Carousel and Tiled Mosaic Gallery layouts. It was working perfectly but the recent upgrade to Tracks 1.30.3 breaks them. Switching to a different theme brings that functionality back.

Found older version of Tracks. It seems 1.29 is okay. 1.30+ breaks those plugins. Based off the changelog, it’s probably this:

Fix: re-included gallery formatting

What are the specifics of that feature?

Thanks so much! Tracks is a beautiful theme!!

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Theme Author Ben Sibley

(@bensibley)

Thanks so much for the detail.

What’s happening is that Tracks rebuilds and styles the galleries, and this is overriding the Jetpack functionality. I will add a solution for this in the next update.

For now, you can locate and delete the following code from Line 18 of the functions.php file:

add_theme_support( 'cleaner-gallery' );

Once removed, the tiled gallery and carousel functionality will return.

I usually don’t recommend editing Tracks’ files, but in this case it is okay since the next update will keep a fix in place for you.

Thread Starter strat435

(@strat435)

Thanks so much!

Theme Author Ben Sibley

(@bensibley)

You’re welcome 🙂

Hello,

I have the same pb and I removed the line
    add_theme_support( ‘cleaner-gallery’ );

the gallery is working but then I have pbs with my site, pages are not loading and sometimes I can’t access the backoffice.
    Do you have any idea ? I really like your theme so if there was a solution would be great.

Thanks,

Theme Author Ben Sibley

(@bensibley)

This bug was fixed in Tracks v1.31, so you won’t need to edit any files. Can you verify that you’re using v1.31 of Tracks on your site?

Thanks!

Hi,

Thanks for your answer, I’m using v1.31 but the tiled gallery doesn’t work (it isn’t even an option in the gallery settings).

I desactivated all the plugins but still.

Thanks,

Here’s my website : basicsandco.fr

Theme Author Ben Sibley

(@bensibley)

Okay, v1.31 fixed the incompatibility with Jetpack, but not with the “Tiled Galleries Carousel Without Jetpack” plugin. I will add a fix for that in the next version, but for now you can install this child theme (download child theme) to fix the issue immediately.

To activate the child theme:

1. Visit your site’s dashboard
    2. Go to the Appearance menu
    3. Click on the “Add New” button at the top of the page
    4. Click on the “Upload Theme” button at the top of the page
    5. Click on the “Choose File” button
    6. Select the tracks-child.zip file you downloaded from the link above
    7. Click “Install Now”
    8. Once the page reloads, click the blue “activate” link

If you’re using a custom menu, you will need to re-select its location from the Menus page. Besides that, the plugin should work properly when reactivated on your site.

Hello,

I followed the steps but it still doesn’t work properly. I do have the choice to set up the gallery like I want but the result is not showing on the website.

Theme Author Ben Sibley

(@bensibley)

Okay could you try this child theme instead:

download child theme

It’s working!!
    Perfect support.

Thanks a lot.

Theme Author Ben Sibley

(@bensibley)

Great glad it’s working 🙂

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘1.30.3 breaks certain plugins’ is closed to new replies.