• Why, pray tell, am I getting mobile view at 1280 x 1024 screen resolution? I realise that you, designer folk, have huge monitors suited for your work. Your users, however, are a bit simpler crowd. Please remember for a moment whom you are doing all this for in the end of the day.

By the way, your mobile view is not exactly thought out, either. As a user I prefer having title & main menu at the top of the page, not at its very bottom. Your mobile view starts right with the content. No website title, no navigation, not even “hello”, no nothing. A visitor at 1280 x 1024 (that’s a desktop to you!) or less needs to scroll all the way down to see, where they even landed at and what this site is about.

Another otherwise nice looking theme made unusable by the designer’s inability to think of their user instead of themselves.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Theme Author Quema Labs

(@nicoandrade)

Hi Jaaaarne,

I released a new update with new breakpoints for better support on smaller resolutions.
    Hope that this new update works better for you.

Thread Starter Jaaaarne

(@jaaaarne)

Fixing breakpoints is good, and your swift reaction is even more so.

However, wrong blocks order is not so good. I have to admit that I liked it even with the initial weird breakpoints. Mobile view actually looked neat on a desktop screen. It could’ve left an impression of a nice full width theme if only it had a standard header (website title & main navigation, or at least a title).

Unfortunately, your responsive structure ends with header instead of starting with it, which makes it sink to the bottom on lower resolutions. It messes with user expectations. When I first viewed the demo I thought that the page has loaded incorrectly and refreshed it twice before guessing to scroll down for the website title (!).

I don’t know what was the reasoning behind this decision, but the result is extremely debatable for actual mobile users.

I have to agree with Jaaaarne. I’m passing on this theme

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘1280 x 1024 screen resolution is considered a mobile device’ is closed to new replies.