• Resolved macvava

(@macvava)

Hi,

My feed stops updating and I have a message on dashboard that I need to reset token and sign-in again to get new one.

I done that and now I have a new one: (#12) description field is deprecated for versions v3.3 and higher.

Can you help me please.
    Thank you

• This topic was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by Jan Dembowski.

The page I need help with: [log in to see the link]

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • It appears that the plugin is attempting to get the “description” field using v3.3 of the API. That field was deprecated two years ago, although the documentation implies it should still be available until August. A new version of the plugin would have been required then. It seems that Facebook have either brought the expiry forward or started to warn explicitly of its impending demise, and the message isn’t handled well. However, I gave up on trying to understand the Graph API ages ago, and now rely on plugin developers!

That doesn’t obviously explain why access tokens are also expiring immediately, though.

Moderator Jan Dembowski

(@jdembowski)

Forum Moderator and Brute Squad

I have removed all of the pile on me too replies.

If you need support then per the forum guidelines please start your own topic.

https://wordpress.org/support/forum-user-guide/faq/#i-have-the-same-problem-can-i-just-reply-to-someone-elses-post-with-me-too

You can do so here.

https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/wd-facebook-feed/#new-post

Plugin Support Kima Baghdasaryan

(@kimabaghdasaryan)

Hi,

We are kindly asking you to put this code:

file_put_contents(WDI_DIR.'/test'.time().'.txt', json_encode($response));

in “framework\WDILibrary.php” after line 1202 under the code

$response = wp_remote_post( $url, $args );

and when the problem appears next time please check the plugin folder and from the test*.txt file get the token and compare it with the token in the database which is stored in the wp_options table under the name “wdi_instagram_options” and please inform us if the tokens are different or not.

Thanks!

Have a nice day!

Thread Starter macvava

(@macvava)

Hi Kima,

Sorry but I can’t find the file WDILibrary.php

If I can interrupt here again, I’ve done some investigation on my thread.

This is Facebook, not Instagram, and the library file is WDW_FFWD_Library.php.

The token issue appears to be caused by requesting the deprecated fields. I’ve removed all the deprecated fields from the request in WDFacebookFeed.php and I no longer have a #12 error, nor is the token invalidated after each request. Removing them one at a time caused the error message to change, referencing a different deprecated field until they were all removed. However, I can’t get refreshed data stored by the plugin, so the feed displayed in the widget remains out of date.

Thanks. following as well. the above solution wasnt possible – unable to find files

• This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by bwokent.
    Thread Starter macvava

(@macvava)

Looks like no chance that this issue will be fixed.
    Who can recommend any alternatives?

Plugin Support Zhanna Khachatryan

(@zhannak)

Hi dear users,

I am happy to announce that the new fixed version is already released.

Please update the plugin, and check.

If the issue persists, please reauthenticate and then check again.

Thanks for the update. Working again although am getting 3 duplicate posts of the original?

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘(#12) description field is deprecated for versions v3.3 and higher.’ is closed to new replies.