Title: 12/24 Hr setup?
Last modified: September 9, 2026

---

# 12/24 Hr setup?

 *  [trifco](https://wordpress.org/support/users/trifco/)
 * (@trifco)
 * [3 weeks, 1 day ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/12-24-hr-setup/)
 * We’re evaluating DineKit for a small Florida restaurant. Does the current free
   version support 12-hour AM/PM formatting throughout the public reservation form,
   booking confirmation and customer emails? Does it respect WordPress’s `time_format`
   setting? If so, where is it configured? We need this without editing plugin files
   or maintaining custom JavaScript.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

 *  Plugin Support [nikutx](https://wordpress.org/support/users/nikutx/)
 * (@nikutx)
 * [3 weeks ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/12-24-hr-setup/#post-19016055)
 * Hi trifco — thanks for asking before you install, and here’s the straight answer:**
   not today.**
 * DineKit currently follows your **WordPress Settings → General → Time format**
   in exactly one place: the opening-hours display.
 * Everywhere on the booking path — the time dropdown on the reservation form, the“
   next free” suggestions when a slot is full, the on-screen confirmation, and the
   confirmation emails (and the SMS reminders, if you use them) — the time is printed
   in 24-hour format. There’s no setting for it and no filter to hook, so there’s
   no way to get 12-hour AM/PM today without exactly the file edits and custom JavaScript
   you don’t want to maintain. I’d rather say that plainly than have you install
   and find out.
 * For what it’s worth I’m treating this as a bug, not a feature request, because
   the confirmation email already formats the date to your site’s setting and then
   prints the time raw beside it — so you’d get “September 9, 2026” sitting next
   to “19:30” in the same table. It should follow your time format the way the opening
   hours already do.
 * So, the question back to you: **is this a blocker?** I have a release going out
   later this month, and if you tell me 12-hour display is what stands between DineKit
   and your restaurant, I’ll aim to get it into that one — the whole booking path,
   form through to email, following your WordPress setting with nothing to configure
   at your end.
 * And if there’s anything else you’ve hit while evaluating, put it in the same 
   reply and I’ll look at the lot together.
 * One practical note for when you do install: there’s a Support screen inside the
   plugin (**DineKit → Support** in your WordPress admin) that reaches me directly,
   and it’s the faster route for anything specific to your own site — it comes through
   with your setup details attached, so I’m not asking you twenty questions first,
   and you can send screenshots or an order that went wrong without posting them
   publicly.
 * I answer here too and always will; the in-plugin form just saves you the back-
   and-forth.
 * And to clear one thing up: **everything you asked about — reservation form, confirmations,
   customer emails — is in the free version. There’s no paid tier.**
 * — Petras
 *  Thread Starter [trifco](https://wordpress.org/support/users/trifco/)
 * (@trifco)
 * [3 weeks ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/12-24-hr-setup/#post-19016082)
 * Yes, it’s a blocker.
 * And not only for me. Here in US we don’t even call it 24-hour format, we call
   it military time. That’s the name people use. And that tells you who actually
   reads it fluently: military, pilots, medical, dispatchers, people whose job runs
   on it. Everybody else has to stop and do subtraction. So a guest lands on restaurant
   page, sees 19:30 in the dropdown, and now they are calculating instead of booking.
   Some of them just leave.
 * Then confirmation email arrives with “September 9, 2026” sitting right next to“
   19:30” and it looks like something broke. Or worse, they read it wrong and show
   up an hour off, and restaurant is the one dealing with it at the door.
 * So for any US restaurant this is not cosmetic. It’s the whole booking path speaking
   wrong language.
 * To be clear on how I found it, I do have it installed. Running it on a local 
   WordPress install on my Mac, and this came up during initial setup. Site time
   format is set to 12-hour in Settings, opening hours picked it up fine, and then
   everything on the booking side is still 19:30. I went looking for a setting, 
   then for a filter, found neither, and that’s when I posted.
 * I’m not going to maintain file edits and custom JS through every plugin update,
   and I can’t put a booking form like this in front of a client. So right now I’m
   stopped at setup, not evaluating further.
 * If you can land it in this month’s release, form through to email following the
   WordPress setting with nothing to configure, that solves it for me and honestly
   it opens the plugin up for the entire US market, which right now can’t really
   use it for reservations.
 * Once it’s in I’ll run the whole booking path properly on staging and send you
   anything else I hit, through the Support screen like you said.
 * And good to know everything is in the free version, that was my other question.
   —
   Trifco
 *  Plugin Support [nikutx](https://wordpress.org/support/users/nikutx/)
 * (@nikutx)
 * [3 weeks ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/12-24-hr-setup/#post-19016267)
 * Hi Trifco — thanks, that’s the answer I needed, and “military time” is the clearest
   way anyone has put it to me. It’s built.
 * **What changed:** every time a guest sees on the booking path now follows your
   WordPress time format — the time dropdown, the “Next free” suggestions when a
   slot is full, the confirmation and cancellation emails (the date and the time
   in the same table finally agree with each other), the “New booking” email your
   staff get, and both SMS messages if you use them.
 * Nothing to configure at your end: whatever you’ve set in **Settings → General
   → Time format** is what everyone reads, and a site on 24-hour is untouched.
 * Under the hood the stored value stays 24-hour and only the display changes, so
   nothing about availability, capacity or existing bookings moves — it’s purely
   what people read.
 * It’s in the release going out later this month, as I said. I’ll post here the
   day it’s live so you know when to run your staging pass.
 * One thing to say plainly so you don’t find it the hard way: **this pass covers
   bookings.** If your client also takes online orders, the collection-time picker
   on the order page is still 24-hour today — it builds its times differently and
   needs its own fix. If that’s on your client’s list, tell me and it goes in the
   queue with the same treatment.
 * And yes please — anything you hit on staging, straight through **DineKit → Support**.
   I’d rather fix ten small things you find than have you work around one.
 * — Petras
 *  Thread Starter [trifco](https://wordpress.org/support/users/trifco/)
 * (@trifco)
 * [2 weeks, 6 days ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/12-24-hr-setup/#post-19016988)
 * Hi Petras,
   On the ordering side, yes please, put the collection time picker in
   the queue. Not hypothetical, the restaurant I’m building this for takes pickup
   orders today. So the guest books a table at 7:30 PM, then goes to order pickup
   and sees 19:30 on the next page. Half solved and the other half now looks worse
   than before. Whenever it fits your schedule, no rush from me, just don’t let 
   it sit forever.Best,Trifco
 *  Plugin Support [nikutx](https://wordpress.org/support/users/nikutx/)
 * (@nikutx)
 * [5 days, 8 hours ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/12-24-hr-setup/#post-19029974)
 * Hi, a short update: the 12-hour time change is built and tested, but I
   have moved
   the release to early November to give the whole update moretesting time. I know
   I said September and I am sorry for the slip – Iwould rather get it right than
   rush it. I will post here the day it is live.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be [logged in](https://login.wordpress.org/?redirect_to=https%3A%2F%2Fwordpress.org%2Fsupport%2Ftopic%2F12-24-hr-setup%2F%3Foutput_format%3Dmd&locale=en_US)
to reply to this topic.

 * ![](https://ps.w.org/dinekit/assets/icon-256x256.png?rev=3625224)
 * [DineKit – Restaurant Menu, Online Ordering, Table Reservations & POS](https://wordpress.org/plugins/dinekit/)
 * [Frequently Asked Questions](https://wordpress.org/plugins/dinekit/#faq)
 * [Support Threads](https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/dinekit/)
 * [Active Topics](https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/dinekit/active/)
 * [Unresolved Topics](https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/dinekit/unresolved/)
 * [Reviews](https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/dinekit/reviews/)

 * 5 replies
 * 2 participants
 * Last reply from: [nikutx](https://wordpress.org/support/users/nikutx/)
 * Last activity: [5 days, 8 hours ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/12-24-hr-setup/#post-19029974)
 * Status: not resolved