• I do have the “Facebook Status on (My Page) Timeline” entry box, where it says, “Sumarize the post for your Facebook audience…” if I’m publishing to one of my Facebook Pages;

…but not an equivalent entry box for when I’m only publishing to my author timeline (my Facebook Profile). Seems like this box did exist in one of the 1.0.x versions of the plugin…

I am able to publish to both my profile and page(s) timelines…

Also, still no Mentions entry boxes in my install, even though I have reauthorized the app several times…

Any ideas…? thanks in advance,

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/facebook/

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • Thread Starter Mike Shupp

(@mike-shupp)

Any thoughts on these issues? The plugin is otherwise working really well for me…

I’m having the exact same problems. I even deleted all my apps, took out the plugin and put it in fresh. Still can’t get those boxes to appear.

Plugin Contributor Niall Kennedy

(@niallkennedy)

Have you selected mentions to display anywhere on your site on the Social Publisher settings page?

Yes; still nothing.

Actually, I don’t even have the box the first guy has. No boxes of any kind from the plugin appear for me.

Thread Starter Mike Shupp

(@mike-shupp)

Yes, I had “Posts” selected; I just went through and selected various other combinations to see if that would enable the mentions and author status boxes, but to no avail. I also deactivated the Sharebar plugin, but no change.

In the Social Publisher Settings page under prerequisites, my items 1 and 3 have checkmarks after them, but not 2, screenshot here, is this a problem? (I have set up the Publish action, and it shows as Active in my app details)
    Again, I seem to be getting most of the functionality correctly…

Plugin Contributor Niall Kennedy

(@niallkennedy)

Your Facebook account may not be properly connected with your site’s Facebook application.

Does removing the application permissions from your Facebook account and re-authorizing through the Social Publisher settings page solve the issue?

No, it doesn’t.

Here’s a list of my active plugins, just in case there’s some thought about a conflict:

Auto More Tag – v. 3.1
    Exclude Pages from Navigation – v. 1.92
    Facebook – 1.1.5
    Google Analytics for WordPress – 4.2.8
    Hide Title – 1.0.3
    NextGen Gallery – 1.9.7
    Page Links To – v. 2.7.1
    Vimeo for WordPress – 1.2
    Vimeography – 0.9
    Wordpress Importer – 0.6
    WordPress SEO 1.2.8.7

(@mike-shupp)

Does removing the application permissions from your Facebook account and re-authorizing through the Social Publisher settings page solve the issue?

No… I’ve tried re-authorizing numerous times.

Is there other steps I could try to verify that my account is properly connected to site’s FB app?

Facing same Isuue as Mike. I used to get the mention entry box for friends and pages on my Post dashboard in the older version, after upgrading the plugin its gone. Any ideas/solution to this.

Thanks
    Hozefa

I have done the same – removed the app from my facebook profile then again authorized the appa but still no mentions box…

(@mike-shupp)

Any more thoughts on this? It’s very close to working completely for me… I’m able to post to both my Profile and Page timlines, the Comments are working, the Like (with Send) is working…

I have the “Facebook Status on (My Page) Timeline” entry box, where it says, “Sumarize the post for your Facebook audience…”

…but I’m just missing the equivalent box to do the same on my Profile timeline… and missing the Mentions boxes… all of which I did have in some of the 1.0.x versions

Honestly, if I could GET the “Sumarize the post for your Facebook audience…” box, I’d be happy. That’s all I really want.

(@mike-shupp)

I have deactivated all other plugins, and deselected and reselected the Facebook plugin settings, still with no change to above referenced behaviour. (And also deactivated and reactivated Facebook plugin.)

Is the version in the GitHub repository newer, and should I try installing that?

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • The topic ‘1.1.5 – Still Missing Mentions Entry Box, and Author Status Timeline Entry Box’ is closed to new replies.