Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Plugin Author Frank Bueltge

(@bueltge)

Do you have update the settings?
    Have your users multiple roles – see: https://wordpress.org/support/topic/user-have-two-role?replies=5#post-8060009

I’m having the exact same problem on two sites on which I use this otherwise great plugin.
    I have not changed anything else on my site. All I did was update this plugin.
    Upon checking my settings, everything seems to be well, but it simply doesn’t do what it is supposed to do.

I haven’t yet tried putting back an earlier version, but I was hoping I won’t have to.

Quite a few items that were previously hidden in my admin-menu, have now returned, despite the fact that I clearly marked them within the settings!

I have just removed 1.10.0 and replaced it with 1.9.2 and all my problems went away.
    The problem really is in the update!

Plugin Author Frank Bueltge

(@bueltge)

I have add a settings area to active the support for bbPress or/and multiple roles. On default is this inactive, old status before 1.10.0.

Please download the plugin version here, test it and give feedback.
    https://downloads.wordpress.org/plugin/adminimize.zip

See forward for feedback from testing.
    Thx.

Thread Starter yamenshahin

(@yamenshahin)

Yes it is about multiple roles. I forced to remove “Keymaster” role which is created by bbPress since I don’t use bbPress anymore.
    Also please note that “Keymaster” role does not appear in adminimize.

(@bueltge)

Yes, this is possible with the new version, the link above.
    bbPress leave the roles after deactivation, not really fine, but the current status. The new version ignore this, if you do not activate the Multiple Role option.

That did it for me!

After replacing the plug-in, I didn’t have to do a thing.
    It reverted to the state is was in before.

Thank you very much!

Thread Starter yamenshahin

(@yamenshahin)

One last question, how I can activate “Multiple Role option”. I cant fined it.

Thanks for your effort and for the amazing plugin.

(@bueltge)

The new version have a new area, “Plugin Settings”, but currently only in the version there I link above. In this area, the first entry “
    Support Multiple Roles”.

(@bueltge)

The pre-release is now released as 1.10.1, the problems are should be fixed.

I got something similar,

As I was going through clicking the checkboxes for everyone and everything (except for the admin role) and there came a point when the plugin would not save anymore! Axially when I got to the “links options” it stopped saving. I left it alone for a few weeks, came back, tried it again and this time the “links options” saved. Now I’m trying to save the “Widgets” but it won’t! Kind of weird hu? What do you recommend Franky?

(@bueltge)

I think you have to much settings. The settings will create from the plugin in dependence of all possibilities of the install. Often have the server only a php value from 1000 options fields, not more. But you can change this value via php.ini of the server or .htaccess.
    See this thread about this topic – https://wordpress.org/support/topic/menu-options-values-lost-upon-upgrade

Thank you for the link Franky, I’m testing it out.

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘1.10.0 It's not work any more’ is closed to new replies.