• Resolved jayford

(@jayford)

Hi admin,

Such a great plugin. thank you so much for this

Why is it that paypal is not accepting my currency. My default currency is AED and paypal must accept it. Please help me regarding on this. This is all about the plugin.

On my paypal account settings are already set to accept other currencies and will convert it to dollar.

thanks

https://wordpress.org/plugins/paypal-for-woocommerce/

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Thread Starter jayford

(@jayford)

Please help me. This is the only feature that will complete my website. How can I allow AED to be accepted by paypal. please. Help me please.

Plugin Contributor angelleye

(@angelleye)

PayPal provides a list of valid currency codes, and I don’t see AED on that list. Based on that I’d have to say that it simply isn’t compatible with PayPal, so there’s nothing I can do with the plugin to make that work. I’m sorry I don’t have better news.

Thread Starter jayford

(@jayford)

Hi admin,

Thank you so much for your quick response. I saw some websites that accepts AED as the currency and during checkout it will convert to dollar in paypal. I wonder if this feature is available in your plugin. Hope you could help me regarding on this and I’m happy to donate in your plugin. Thank you so much admin.

(@angelleye)

I would be curious to see where you’ve seen this because PayPal’s documentation shows that they simply do not support AED. Can you show me a website where this is happening?

Thread Starter jayford

(@jayford)

Hi Admin,

Sorry for the delay response. This is the website that I’m talking about. (https://bigfish.ae/) use my credentials to try this username jayford00400@gmail.com pwd gracey123. They are accepting aed and if you want to pay via paypal it will just convert to dollar on paypal page.

Hope you can help me. Thank you

(@angelleye)

Ok, that site is using Magento. Magento must be doing some conversion before sending it to PayPal.

I found this thread on StackOverflow where they’re discussing this as well.

This is not something that I have available in our plugin at the moment. I’ll have to take a look and see how Magento is handling it to see if it’s something I can easily implement here.

Thread Starter jayford

(@jayford)

Thank you so much admin. I just thought that if you have a function like this

If
    {
    the user will choose Cash on delivery it will stick on the default currency that I have which is AED.
    }
    else
    if
    {
    the user will chose paypal it will convert the amount value that I have which is from AED to USD then the new value would be USD which paypal could accept
    }

Same as goes to the Currencies that paypal don’t accept. It would be a great factor for this plugin with this feature.

Hope you get my idea admin. Thank you so much

Thread Starter jayford

(@jayford)

Hi admin,

I found a solution inside in your plugin php file but not yet fully functional. I can now proceed to paypal even my default currency is in AED. The problem now is that the value that pass to paypal is not converted in to dollars.

I change this code

original:
    ‘currencycode’ => get_woocommerce_currenc(),
    new:
    ‘currencycode’ => (‘USD’);

With this code I was able to proceed to paypal. Now to solve this problem is that I don’t know what is the code that could divide the value of my currency and pass to USD.

I did like this but it’s not working.

‘currencycode’ => (‘USD=get_woocommerce_currency/0.2723’),

Hope you could help me with this admin. Thank you so much

(@angelleye)

I don’t think it’s going to be quite that easy. Exchange rates aren’t always the same. I need to see what Magento is doing there. I’m actually out of town on a ski trip right now, though, so it’ll be another week or so before I can look at it, unfortunately.

Thread Starter jayford

(@jayford)

Hi admin,

I know it’s hard but let me know if you find a way. Thank you so much

Is there any solution for this yet?

I have the same problem on WooCommerce, but with South African Rand. I have to choose the Rand as my currency in order to accept payments with the ‘Payfast’ plugin, but I want to enable Paypal (USD) as well for international customers.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

I created a Prestashop site for my wife and they have the functionality where the customer can choose their preferred currency. The selected currency then determines which checkout options are available. It will be great to do this in WooCommerce as well.

Thread Starter jayford

(@jayford)

Hi Enginosoft,

Yes, I already found the solution for this problem. It’s a bit more complicated but really worthy to try. The only code you will change is the aed to your currency which means you just edit all the words with aed to your currency and a fix conversion from dollar. Mine is 3.6702 AED to $1 and you don’t need to use any plugin just use the default payment gateway from WooCommerce.

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘10605 – Currency is not supported’ is closed to new replies.