Support » Fixing WordPress » 100,000 articles in WordPress?

• bryanwang

(@bryanwang)

Hello,

I have a website with 100,000 articles, and I imported them into WordPress.

But I found it’s quite slow to visit my site(hosted by wordpress 2.5).

Is there any solution?

Thanks!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • ektz

(@ektz)

number of articles shouldn’t be a problem. the slow loading is due to something else. if you could share your link, it would clear the picture of the problem u are facing.

bryanwang

(@bryanwang)

Thanks for your reply.

When showprocesslist, wp was executing the following commands,
    Sending data | SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS wp_posts.* FROM wp_posts WHERE 1=1 AND wp_posts.post_type = ‘post’ AND |

The page stopped loading.

Pinoy.ca

(@pinoyca)

Rebuild your indices: REPAIR TABLE wp_posts QUICK;

See also http://www.karakas-online.de/EN-Book/proceed-when-mysql-slow.html

bryanwang

(@bryanwang)

Thank you Pinoy.ca,

I tryed the comand, here is the stats.

---------+-----------+-----------+--------------------+---------+------+--------------+------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    | Id      |  Host      | db                 | Command | Time | State        | Info                                                                                                 |
    +---------+-----------+-----------+--------------------+---------+------+--------------+------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    | 1429797 |  localhost | cellphone | Query   |    0 | NULL         | show processlist                                                                                     |
    | 1444976 |  localhost | cellphone | Query   |   88 | Sending data | SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS  wp_posts.* FROM wp_posts  WHERE 1=1  AND wp_posts.post_type = 'post' AND |
    | 1444985 |  localhost | cellphone | Query   |   88 | Sending data | SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS  wp_posts.* FROM wp_posts  WHERE 1=1  AND wp_posts.post_type = 'post' AND |
    | 1445034 |  localhost | cellphone | Query   |   75 | Sorting result | SELECT ID, post_title, post_content FROM wp_posts WHERE post_status = 'publish' AND post_password =' |
    | 1445100 |  localhost | cellphone | Query   |   75 | Copying to tmp table | SELECT ID, post_title, post_content FROM wp_posts WHERE post_status = 'publish' AND post_password =' |
    +---------+-----------+-----------+--------------------+---------+------+--------------+------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

It takes 88 seconds to ‘Sending data’, 75 seconds to ‘Sorting result’, and more time to ‘Copying to tmp table’.

Any help will be appreciated!

Thanks!

bryanwang

(@bryanwang)

The problem was caused by ‘random post plugin’.

Copying to tmp table | SELECT ID, post_title, post_content FROM wp_posts WHERE post_status = 'publish' AND post_password ='' ORDER BY RAND() LIMIT 10
    This caused the problem.

Disable it, the problem resolved.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘100,000 articles in WordPress?’ is closed to new replies.