Support » Fixing WordPress » 100,000 articles in WordPress?

• Hello,

I have a website with 100,000 articles, and I imported them into WordPress.

But I found it’s quite slow to visit my site(hosted by wordpress 2.5).

Is there any solution?

Thanks!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • number of articles shouldn’t be a problem. the slow loading is due to something else. if you could share your link, it would clear the picture of the problem u are facing.

Thanks for your reply.

When showprocesslist, wp was executing the following commands,
    Sending data | SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS wp_posts.* FROM wp_posts WHERE 1=1 AND wp_posts.post_type = ‘post’ AND |

The page stopped loading.

Rebuild your indices: REPAIR TABLE wp_posts QUICK;

See also http://www.karakas-online.de/EN-Book/proceed-when-mysql-slow.html

Thank you Pinoy.ca,

I tryed the comand, here is the stats.

---------+-----------+-----------+--------------------+---------+------+--------------+------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    | Id      |  Host      | db                 | Command | Time | State        | Info                                                                                                 |
    +---------+-----------+-----------+--------------------+---------+------+--------------+------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    | 1429797 |  localhost | cellphone | Query   |    0 | NULL         | show processlist                                                                                     |
    | 1444976 |  localhost | cellphone | Query   |   88 | Sending data | SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS  wp_posts.* FROM wp_posts  WHERE 1=1  AND wp_posts.post_type = 'post' AND |
    | 1444985 |  localhost | cellphone | Query   |   88 | Sending data | SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS  wp_posts.* FROM wp_posts  WHERE 1=1  AND wp_posts.post_type = 'post' AND |
    | 1445034 |  localhost | cellphone | Query   |   75 | Sorting result | SELECT ID, post_title, post_content FROM wp_posts WHERE post_status = 'publish' AND post_password =' |
    | 1445100 |  localhost | cellphone | Query   |   75 | Copying to tmp table | SELECT ID, post_title, post_content FROM wp_posts WHERE post_status = 'publish' AND post_password =' |
    +---------+-----------+-----------+--------------------+---------+------+--------------+------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

It takes 88 seconds to ‘Sending data’, 75 seconds to ‘Sorting result’, and more time to ‘Copying to tmp table’.

Any help will be appreciated!

Thanks!

The problem was caused by ‘random post plugin’.

Copying to tmp table | SELECT ID, post_title, post_content FROM wp_posts WHERE post_status = 'publish' AND post_password ='' ORDER BY RAND() LIMIT 10
    This caused the problem.

Disable it, the problem resolved.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘100,000 articles in WordPress?’ is closed to new replies.