• Resolved mapdi

(@mapdi)

Hi there,

Is it possible to filter over 10,000 taxonomies quickly with the plugin?

If so, can you please help me set this up? Of course, I would pay for the effort.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Plugin Author annastaa

(@annastaa)

Hello Mapdi,

I am sorry, but I’m afraid we do not currently undertake customizations!

Are you sure it’s 10000 taxonomies and not 10000 products? If you indeed mean the taxonomies, with filtering being as resource-consuming as it is, I think you are right to search for a custom solution.. and this would need to be supported by some serious equipment to serve it, too!

Thread Starter mapdi

(@mapdi)

HI @annastaa

Thank you.

Yes, we have up to, 10000 taxonomies and products.

Do you have any idea how to solve this? I have already bought the Pro version of annasta Woocommerce Product Filters. Would Redis cache help?

Plugin Author annastaa

(@annastaa)

Dear Mapdi,

You certainly have nothing to loose by testing a caching plugin. If I were you, I’d try it in combination with some non-AJAX filtering mode (see the URL filters Filtering style). Avoid slider controls (set up the price and any other range filters to display the pre-set lists of type 1-100, 101-200 etc) and by all means minimize the usage of product counts and Empty items style option. If you notice that the “options” table of your database gets overwhelmed by transients (it’s the cache getting created by the Woocommerce and filters’ product counts cache queries), set the Product counts cache lifespan option to a smaller amount of days. Needless to say, your database would need to be able to withstand a much higher than average load in the first place!

Thread Starter mapdi

(@mapdi)

Dear @annastaa

Thank you.

Can you please tell me where I can set that as soon as a certain category (preset filter) is selected, only taxonomies/results matching the 1st selection are displayed in the 2 filter/selection field and everything else is greyed out or hidden? For example, you first select a certain car manufacturer. In the 2nd selection field, only car models matching this car manufacturer must be displayed.

Plugin Author annastaa

(@annastaa)

Hello Mapdi,

Please read the documentation on the Empty items style option, I think this must be the one that you are searching for.

In reference to the case of a shop featuring some larger than average amount of products/taxonomies discussed above: please keep in mind that this option involves the usage of product counts queries, and can thus be rather heavy on your server!

Plugin Author annastaa

(@annastaa)

Dear Mapdi,

We hope that you and other users found the plugin optimization advice provided here helpful. I’ll go ahead and close this inactive thread, but please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions!

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘10,000 Taxonomies to filter’ is closed to new replies.