• Sebastian

(@sebastian)

A full integrated Image thumbnailer would be nice.
    I know there are serval hacks aviable, but they´re all buggy.
    That thumbnailer should keep the original proportions from the image.
    And <i>onclick</i> it should open a popup, to view the imgage, that fit to the it.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Moderator Matt Mullenweg

(@matt)

No problem. I just wrote the code for this (popup and all) for another project. The only thing is it’s GD2 specific, which isn’t as big an issue with the newer versions of PHP, but still is something I need to look in to more. Out of curiosity, what version of PHP are you running?

Thread Starter Sebastian

(@sebastian)

I have <i>PHP Version 4.1.2</i> and <i>GD 2 or higher</i> with jpg and png support.

Then you should be good to go. Look for this in a .7x release.

Oooooooooh that would be wonderful for a photo log! Just ignore or delete my previous request for that, thanks!

Thread Starter Sebastian

(@sebastian)

After my Server-movement I noticed that I have ImageMagick 5.5.6 now, too!

ImageMagick is nice, but GD is a lot easier to work with through PHP.

What is the status of this? I am interested in making a photoblog myself, and started using Xoops and a module called Weblog. However Xoops doesn’t automatically resize images. If it’s working and needs debugging, I’m willing to mess around with the Alpha to see how things work.
    FWIW, the hosting company where my site lives has a problem getting ImageMagick on their servers. Not sure why. They did it once, but “lost” it when they upgraded servers. It seems to be a big hassle to get them to install it. So the GD support is probably the most convenient. They say it’s on there, but I haven’t tried it yet.

i believe that php does have a image function installed, but i may be mistaken… try searching google. very small function

There is no small number of functions available.

Super function, thx!

ok, this thing doesn´t remember I logged in orso!?

right.. now it does…

Why not use netpbm? You can install this yourself, I think. Ideal for people who don’t have physical control over their servers. Another thing that would be good that wasn’t included in any image resizing hacks for b2 would be to use javascript to automatically make the pop up window the same size of the image.
    Or if you would have the head line section underneath the thumbnail, and the main text under the full image, like MT does.

Imagemagick really is neat. It’s basicly a command line photoshop. One thing I use it for is watermarking – putting a semi transparent logo over an image. Can this be done with GD2? Also does GD2 do animations?

My 2 cents for netpbm!
    “Ideal for people who don’t have physical control over their servers”

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘Image Resize’ is closed to new replies.