• Hi everyone. I installed a new self-hosted multisite yesterday and both of the sites I have within it are limited to 10 MB for uploads. I have changed the Network Settings page to be 262144 KB (above 256 MB). I do not have a limit checked for limit of total of all files. On this same server, I have other WordPress installs that allow up to 512 MB so it shouldn’t be an issue with my php.ini or .htaccesss. Any suggestions?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Have you asked your hosts about this. WordPress itself does not set any global upload limit but picks up limits from the server.

Thread Starter clancifer

(@clancifer)

My host is fine. As mentioned, I have other WordPress sits on the same server that can upload to 512 MB. Moodle setups also. The only time I have encountered this issue is with this install of multisite.

As mentioned, I have other WordPress sits on the same server that can upload to 512 MB

Upload limits can be configured via the server on a per-domain basis. Have you asked your hosts about it?

Thread Starter clancifer

(@clancifer)

This is a subdomain. Again, I have installed WordPress several times on with this provider, on new domains and sub domains. All work with 512 MB upload. Multisite is the one one that has this issue. From all indications, this is not a problem with the provider.

Moderator Ipstenu (Mika Epstein)

(@ipstenu)

🏳️‍🌈 Advisor and Activist

WordPress itself does not set any global upload limit but picks up limits from the server.

In this case, esmi, you’re incorrect 🙂 Multisite DOES have a limit.

Go to /wp-admin/network/settings.php

At the bottom, change Upload Settings to whatever you need.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘10 MB upload limit’ is closed to new replies.