WordPress.org

Forums

WP Tiles
[resolved] [1.0 BETA] Passing post category as class onto tile ? (2 posts)

1. tylerjfrags
    Posted 10 months ago #

Hey Mike,

Was very pleased to see the version 1.0 Beta. Great job, I really love the dedication you've shown in updating this plugin and all of the new features just make it even more awesome, particularly the AJAX loading and Grid designer.

You could easily be selling this plugin and making a ton of money, so I'm really grateful to have it open source and FREE. Please let us know where we can donate to the project to say thanks.

Anyways, in the previous version of tiles I was able to colour-code my tiles according to category, although now in 1.0 the category as a class on the tile div seems to be missing.

Could you be so kind as to give a guide on how to somehow work the category name as a class in somewhere? From there the styling should be straightforward :)

https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-tiles/

2. Mike Martel
    Plugin Author

Posted 10 months ago #

Hi Lewis!

Thanks for that! I really appreciate to hear that you enjoy using WP Tiles and moreover that you're happy with the new beta version! That is why the plugin is free for all. I have finally added a PayPal donation button on the WP Tiles website (in the sidebar), but I don't ask for donations for the development of this plugin - development will continue anyway :)

Anyway, I had removed the category class name from the beta because I was on a mission to improve performance (and if it goes unused, it's a waste of resources). But it was part of the original version and probably a good addition to the plugin. So I brought it back in, using cached functions this time to get the best of both worlds.

I am uploading the development version of the plugin as I'm typing, so please try it out and let me know if it works as it used to!

Mike

You must log in to post.

About this Plugin

• WP Tiles
  • Frequently Asked Questions
  • Support Threads
  • Reviews

About this Topic

Tags

No tags yet.