WordPress.org

Forums

WP Tiles
[resolved] [feature suggestion]1.0 beta custom byline featured image link (5 posts)

1. iadagraca
    Posted 11 months ago #

I'm posting this to suggest this feature for people who might want the image to link to the post but have the featured image linked in the byline for faster access. Good for portfolio pages that double as blogs.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-tiles/

2. Mike Martel
    Plugin Author

Posted 11 months ago #

Hi @iadagrace,

Good suggestion.
    You could probably manage this by using the featured image in a custom byline template. You could even have it load in your favourite lightbox if you do something like this:

[wp-tiles byline_template="%content%<br /><a href='%featured_image%' class='button' rel='lightbox'>View Image</a>%"]

(shortcode above is just an example of how to achieve something like this, it's not copy/paste-able :) )

Cheers,
    Mike

3. iadagraca
    Posted 11 months ago #

I thought i could try something like that in the byline editor? But it didn't work to me, it seemed like it had some other code embeded into it.

4. Mike Martel
    Plugin Author

Posted 11 months ago #

Hi @iadagraca,

I'm sorry, you're right - I forgot that %featured_image% actually returns the whole featured image html, not just the link. I have just added an extra template tag %featured_image_src% to the GitHub version of the plugin (download here). Try it with that!

Mike

5. iadagraca
    Posted 11 months ago #

Awesome good man!

You must log in to post.

About this Plugin

• WP Tiles
  • Frequently Asked Questions
  • Support Threads
  • Reviews

About this Topic