Support » Plugin: Polylang » -1 star for the slider revolution

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Plugin Author Chouby

(@chouby)

Hello,

There is indeed no special code written for Slider Revolution. But the last time I tested this plugin, nothing prevented me to use it in a multilingual context. I just had to create one slider per language.

exetlaios

(@exetlaios)

Hello…

I tried this approach but there was nowhere a place to connect the slider with the translation selection like in the main menu. The slider was built in with the theme and I didn’t find a way. However, I manage to solve my problem with a simple code that tricks the slider that is wpml.

It was my first installation of wordpress. My experience is with opencart that has the translation built-in and is by far easiest and more logical. (What is the thing with synchronization, what it means? occam razor…(tick-translate, untick-don’t translate))

I consider the translation in wordpress weak and problematic. (I suppose that each cms have pluses and minuses). I don’t get/like the duplicate content. It’s confusing and creates a mess. Polylang solves that mess to a big degree.

Obviously, if I pay 100€ per year I will have no problems… I tried other plugins but in the end, I use polylang. And if I built again in wordpress, I will use polylang.
    There is a reason that polylag is higher than other plugins and if you solve/make easier the slider revolution translation, It will be a 5-star plugin.

Thanks…

The Coder

(@codestylist)

I use Polylang with Slider Revolution in several theems without any problem.
    Just create sliders in different languages and assigne them to the rigth pages. It works like a charm.
    So, @exetlaios it should be something in your configuration why you have no success or why you need to work with code.
    Finally both plugins are working together perfectly.

exetlaios

(@exetlaios)

Perhaps it is something in my configuration (the integration of slider with the theme) or something I miss. Can you please tell me how to connect the second slider with the language? What options to use?

Thank you Coder…

The Coder

(@codestylist)

I do not connect the sliders to eachother. This is not necesarry. I create multiple sliders, for each language one. I have separated front pages, for each language one. At the page configuration I select the corresponding slider, depends on the language of the front page.
    That’s it.

exetlaios

(@exetlaios)

It is exactly what I have except that I can’t choose slider. The type of page that I want to create comes from a template of the theme. In a blank page, I suppose it works.

I will experiment with a blank installation of wordpress because the theme automates a lot of stuff and doesn’t even have the option of deactivation…

Thanks again…

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘-1 star for the slider revolution’ is closed to new replies.