• Resolved 5starcruises

(@5starcruises)

Hi

I am trying to achieve 1 set of menu code that will be for desktop and mobile. At the moment whenever i use an additional plugin to change the menu and use display: none i end up with 3 menus 2 from the theme and 1 from the plugin.

Is this possible as its messing up my SEO having 3 duplicates on the page.

Many thanks

Danny

The page I need help with: [log in to see the link]

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Plugin Author megamenu

(@megamenu)

Hi Danny,

I can see you have a different mega menu plugin installed at the moment (but it doesn’t look enabled), and the menu HTML is being output 3 times. This is because your theme is calling wp_nav_menu 3 times. To fix it, you would need to edit the theme itself and remove the extra calls (other changes might be needed also), it’s not something a plugin can fix for you sorry.

If you are not too tied to the theme you are using then it may be easier to start looking at switching to a theme that only outputs the menu/calls wp_nav_menu once.

Regards,
    Tom

Thread Starter 5starcruises

(@5starcruises)

Hi Tom

Thanks so much for your time to look at the theme. Will look into it to see if a new one is an option. I have another 2 websites that use a different theme but the same one. Could you see if I have the same issue? If not then I will use the plugin on those.

Thanks

Danny

(@5starcruises)

Might help if I tell you what they are.

https://www.embarkboathire.com.au

Thanks

Danny

(@5starcruises)

Hi Tom

I have added your pro plugin to cassies.com.au and it seems to be working fine ( apart from the arrows not show on the mobile menu ) My question is i have 2 copies of the menu in the body tag and i am not sure which one is related to your plugin. I have someone who is helping me with the wp_nav_menu part in my theme.

Many thanks

Danny

(@5starcruises)

All sorted thanks it was a plugin that was blocking it.

Thanks

Danny

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘1 Set Of Menu Code’ is closed to new replies.