• I have only 1 product in the webshop. The webshop page (woocommerce) is the home page.
    Is it possible to show the product with all the descriptions directly in my home page instead of a small foto en link on the homepage. When you click on it, you go to the product page? I really want to remove the first step. Because it is not necessary on my site.

And is it possible to delete the text “only result” (twice) on my homepage now, because of the

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Hey,

Why don’t you just make the product page your homepage?

Thread Starter mije

(@mije)

That’s a great idea, but how do I do that?
    I saw a shortcode for placing the product in a page, but that does not work.

Can you help me with more information?

It should work. Take a look at the available shortcodes here; https://docs.woothemes.com/document/woocommerce-shortcodes/

You want the product_page shortcode. Add that to a page and then set that page as your static homepage 🙂

Thread Starter mije

(@mije)

If I place the shortcode, then the product page works… but, my orginal background is green, also in the product page, but if I place the shortcode, the background of the product goes to yellow and I can’t read the description because of the yellow background. The rest stays green.
    It is really ugly, so that’s the problem now.

Already thanks for your help.

Thread Starter mije

(@mije)

It works! There was some strange html on the page, that made a yellow screen.
    But now I have another problem. The product is now on the webshop (home) page, but underneath the product (if you scroll down) there is also the small foto and the link to go to the product that was there first in the webshop.
    So now there is the Product and underneath there is a small version of the same product.
    How can I get delete the last small version?

Thread Starter mije

(@mije)

Hi James. Can I ask you something again?
    My product page is now my homepage. It is showing nicely with sidebar etc. but underneath the product on the homepage, there is also the small picture including the link to the product page with the words “only result”.
    So now there is a product page and then a small version again.

I have tried to search for this html template (shop) in woocommerce, (when you install it, it creates a shop page) I think there is a loop somewhere, but I can’t find it.

Even If I create a new produkt page and set it as static homepage, there are all kinds of widgets/links on this produkt page, but I can’t delete them.

Do you have any idea, maybe?

It sounds like you’re using the shop page for your homepage. That’s why the product archive is appearing there.

Instead, just create a new page with the default template, add the shortcode and then set that as your homepage 🙂

Thread Starter mije

(@mije)

Thank you for your help! It works… i’m very happy!

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘1 product in webshop’ is closed to new replies.