WordPress.org

Forums

WordPress MU Domain Mapping
[resolved] 1 Mapped domain not working & other issues (5 posts)

1. sheasbys
    Posted 2 years ago #

Hi all,

I have just started moving a lot of my sites to WPMU and have come across some issues:

1. Some domains will not work at all even though they are parked through cpanel and set up in MU, any ideas?
    2. If I leave the site listed as it is in this format: mynewsite.originalsite.com when editing the site I cannot access the control panel for that domain. However, if I change it to reflect the actual domain: mynewsite.com I am then able to access the individual control panel.

Are these replication issues and I need to just wait it out or is something else going on?

Many thanks,
    Stephen

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wordpress-mu-domain-mapping/

2. sheasbys
    Posted 2 years ago #

Follow up: when I attempt to go to the admin pages of the new domains it directs me to mynewsite.originalsite.com/wp-admin and throws a 404. If I manually enter: mynewsite.com/wp-admin I see the login screen but as soon as I hit enter it goes to: mynewsite.originalsite.com/wp-admin and throws a 404.

Looking for any ideas. I have followed ottos guide and have meticulously followed all the steps but cannot get into the administration of any site.

Thanks,
    Stephen

3. sheasbys
    Posted 2 years ago #

Another update.

If I go to sites and edit my newsite such that the "domain" and "mapping" are the same then I have full functionality. I read in a previous thread that this should not be done. If not then where do I even look to resolve the 404 problem? I also then have to log in to each domain and lose the single sign on as superadmin. I really need to get this fixed and am looking for any help.

Thanks again,
    Stephen

4. Ron Rennick
    MultiSite Guru
    Plugin Author

Posted 2 years ago #

Check your edits to wp-config.php and ensure that they are correct and above the "that's all, stop editing" line.

5. sheasbys
    Posted 2 years ago #

Ron,
    Thanks for the response. I check wp-config.php and it was indeed correct. I ended up flushing the DNS cache and starting over from scratch. This 404's slowly bagan to go away and after 24 hours all systems are a go. I assume the main issue was with the DNS at my host.

Thanks again,
    Stephen

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Plugin

• WordPress MU Domain Mapping
  • Frequently Asked Questions
  • Support Threads
  • Reviews

About this Topic

Tags

No tags yet.