• Resolved cybeardjm

(@didierjm)

Hi,
    I’ve encountered many (too many) problems recently with WP-Optimize (which I used only to clean the database), UpdraftPlus etc. on multiple blogs I’ve been managing for (quite) a while on different hosts.
    Did tests, with my other plugins on or off, and always the same, so I decided to delete all these plugins of yours everywhere.
    Problem: when uninstalling WP-Optimize, even after removing the settings via the special button, it lets an orphan/no action Cron event behind: wpo_weekly_cron_tasks.
    See image here – 3 first lines show cron events when installed. 4th line shows what’s left after Deactivate then Delete.
    Which means that the Cron scheduler gets “lost” and Site Health says so…
    Even if I delete the event manually, it reappers, meaning it’s hardcoded somewhere…
    1 – how do I remove this cron event once and for all.
    2 – you should review your uninstall process…

Sincerely
    DJM

• This topic was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by cybeardjm.
Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Thread Starter cybeardjm

(@didierjm)

More info:
    As said above, this orphan cron event delays the scheduler:
    “The scheduled event, action_scheduler_run_queue, is late to run. Your site still works, but this may indicate that scheduling posts or automated updates may not work as intended.”
    If I delete the cron event manually, the scheduler works fine. But the event then reappears at the next refresh…
    DJM

@didierjm I’ll check this issue with our development team and update you soon.

Thank you for your time and patience.

Plugin Contributor Venkat Raj

(@webulous)

@didierjm I can confirm that this is a bug.

We’ll fix this in the next release by updating our uninstall / deactivation process. Thanks for reporting the issue

Thread Starter cybeardjm

(@didierjm)

OK, Thx, but how do I delete it now?
    I cleaned my repository of all wpo_ files I could find, but the cron event is still there…
    What do I need to change?

FYI, I removed your apps (UpdraftPlus + WP-Optimize), because they were slowing the sites as a whole, generating frustrating errors of missed Cron schedule in various forms.
    Sincerely
    DJM

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by cybeardjm.

@didierjm It looks like its a bug, we will release a new version soon that will also remove the cron.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘1 Cron event not removed when deleting plugin’ is closed to new replies.