Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Thread Starter muz4now

(@muz4now)

The error across the top of each page is exposing my directory tree as well. Ugh.

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in HIDDEN/plugins/better-font-awesome/vendor/mickey-kay/better-font-awesome-library/better-font-awesome-library.php on line 875

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at HIDDEN/plugins/better-font-awesome/vendor/mickey-kay/better-font-awesome-library/better-font-awesome-library.php:875) in HIDDEN/functions.php on line 6270

Thread Starter muz4now

(@muz4now)

I was able to restore 1.7.2.
    Obviously, I won’t be upgrading until I read assurances that this gaping bug was fixed in a future release.

Plugin Author Mickey Kay

(@mcguive7)

Hey all, so sorry about that. I apologize for any inconvenience. Long story short, this resulted from an unintentional change in the composer dependency (better font awesome library) on which this plugin depends, and which I somehow missed in my final diff. I just pushed version 1.7.4, which should fix the issue. As for your directory path being exposed, this has nothing to do with the plugin, and is how error logging works (file path is always included in the error message). If you don’t want that exposed to your users, I think the fix is simply setting WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY (https://codex.wordpress.org/WP_DEBUG#WP_DEBUG_LOG_and_WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY) to flase in wp-config.php.

Thanks for your patience and understanding, and my apologies for any inconvenience.

Plugin Author Mickey Kay

(@mcguive7)

Oh, I just reread the above, and now I understand what you mean about file paths being exposed in the admin notice. Yes, this is an issue, however if you don’t want that exposed you can check the plugin setting to hide admin notices.

Thread Starter muz4now

(@muz4now)

Thanks, Mickey! I appreciate you dealing with this so quickly.

Plugin Author Mickey Kay

(@mcguive7)

Marking this as resolved. Please let me know if you run into any other issues, and thanks again for the quick feedback.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘1.7.3 massive fail’ is closed to new replies.