• Resolved VFHwebdev

(@vfhwebdev)

After updating to Photonic 1.64 my native WP galleries stopped working. I could create them in the admin area, but when I’d try to publish, no images would show. I rolled back to 1.63 and my galleries came back.

Anybody else experiencing this?

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Plugin Author Sayontan Sinha

(@sayontan)

Do you have a URL where I can see the problem? I haven’t seen this issue come up so far.

Also, can you tell me what shortcode you are using?

Thread Starter VFHwebdev

(@vfhwebdev)

The site is at http://vabook.org.

Plugin Author Sayontan Sinha

(@sayontan)

Is there a specific page there with the galleries?

(@sayontan)

Hi,
    I wanted to follow up – can you provide me with a link to a page that has a Photonic gallery? And can you provide me with the shortcode you are using for this page?

Please also activate Photonic version 1.64 so that I can troubleshoot.

(@sayontan)

OK – in looking at your site, I think I have an idea as to what the issue might be.

I am discovering that a change I made to fix the behaviour of JQuery Tooltip (which ships with WordPress) might be conflicting with themes that use Bootstrap (which doesn’t ship with WP). Your theme doesn’t seem to be using Bootstrap, but has a custom tooltip script.

So, please try the code change suggestion in this thread, and let me know if things work after that. I will figure out a way to handle this in the next release, if the fix works.

Thread Starter VFHwebdev

(@vfhwebdev)

I’ll look to see if I can disable the tooltip functionality in my theme. Given a choice between running an outdated plugin version or modifying the plugin, I’ll just stick with the outdated plugin and hope you address it in a future update.

(@sayontan)

Well, if you can confirm that the fix I am providing works, I will definitely figure something out for the next release – rest assured. I know that the code suggestion I offered works; it just results in sub-optimal performance for the plugin’s tooltips. But that is a trade-off I can live with.

I just want to confirm that what I am proposing will indeed fix the issue, or I will have to look at other potential conflicts.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘1.64 broke my WP galleries’ is closed to new replies.