• WP Super Cache 1.6.3 Changelog states:
    Fix deleting from the admin bar (#578)

This is still not working. I made a change to my site which is not automatically picked up by WP Super Cache, and was still displaying old content (understandable). Obviously, I needed to manually flush the cache. Clicking Delete Cache from the Admin Bar did NOT flush the cache. But when I went to Settings > WP Super Cache > Contents > Delete Cache, it completely flushed the cache and solved the problem.

I’m really curious… why is this so hard to accomplish? If clicking “Delete Cache” from the Contents tab works, why can’t it also work from the Admin Bar?

Thanks for your help.

– Scott

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • I’m also curius since this bug is there for ages.

And also still exists in 1.6.3.

There are two buttons:

• Admin dashboard – Delete Super Cache cached files (opens in new window). It removes entire cache.
    • “Delete Cache” in admin bar on posts, pages, archives, … – Delete cache of the current page. It removes cache for specific page without removing cache of related pages.

There are a lot of deprecated code and I’ve created new PR #589 which will fix all major issues.

It would be great if you could test this PR. I’d like to see your comments there and I’ll try to resolve all issues related to admin bar.

I means this

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1JkdchXmclCmXeVwEEnQAdnPPrLQ7fWLo

didn’t work before and still doesn’t work.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 8 months ago by massimod.
    Thread Starter sneader

(@sneader)

My concern is exactly the same as MassimoD — when you are in the Dashboard (has nothing to do with a Page you are on), that “DELETE CACHE” button does NOTHING. Can’t it please be fixed, so when you click that button, it clears the entire cache?

Or, if your intention is for the Admin Bar “DELETE CACHE” button to ONLY work on certain pages, posts, etc., then REMOVE IT from the admin bar when you are at the Dashboard, on a Plugin page, or Theme page, etc., or anywhere where it isn’t possible to delete the cache of a page/post, etc. Obviously, this is super confusing.

– Scott

Please read PR #589 if you want to test these changes.

Regarding that both buttons has same name, then it’s confusing. I think that we need both button because it’s very useful to quickly purge cache for only current page or quickly purge entire cache.

I’m thinking to add menu instead simple button with more options, but it should be part of some future PR. I’ll think over and I’ll create new issue on github.

@massimod It should work – it’s frontend page (for current page only). I’ve found new issue if URL contains query string (it doesn’t work) and subdirectory installation (#589 fixes it). Could you send more info about WP installation and URL? Did you test #589?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘1.6.3 Fix deleting from the admin bar (#578) still not working’ is closed to new replies.