• Resolved ljmac

(@ljmac)

The subject line says pretty much everything I can tell you unfortunately, except to say that my entire site is white-screened (including the admin) and that I’ve never had a problem with Super Cache in the past. Running 3.7.21 with Jetpack 2.9.4 (I only use the mobile theme and the sharing buttons). I’m running Super Cache in PHP mode, with Jetpack mobile support enabled.

My web site monitoring service reported HTTP 500 errors.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Can you delete the plugin? See the plugin documentation and look for the text, “IF ALL ELSE FAILS AND YOUR SITE IS BROKEN” for the instructions.

Install again, maybe something wasn’t set up correctly by the plugin.

Thread Starter ljmac

(@ljmac)

I just immediately reverted to 1.5.3, then everything was fine again.

What version of WordPress are you running? Can you try the development version of the plugin? That has a number of fixes that may fix the problem for you.

https://odd.blog/y/2o

Thread Starter ljmac

(@ljmac)

Like I say above, I’m running 3.7.21. I’ll try the new version – thanks.

Oh, you should definitely upgrade to the latest version of WordPress, if only for the security issues that have been fixed since, but the dev version should fix the problem too.

Thread Starter ljmac

(@ljmac)

3.7 gets all the latest security updates – that’s why I’m confident to stick with it, and it maintains compatibility with older plug-ins/themes. I didn’t like the interface changes since 3.8, and it’e been a long time since WordPress added a genuinely useful new feature for me.

Thread Starter ljmac

(@ljmac)

Happy to report that the development version works fine.

Thread Starter ljmac

(@ljmac)

Just a note to say that 1.5.5 works fine as well.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘1.5.4 White Screens My Site, But No PHP Errors’ is closed to new replies.